good morning to all my new brothers and sisters

GoldenMotor.com

poopnbeans

Mar 16, 2009
ellicottville,n.y.14731
William here from Ellicottville N.Y..My wife bought me a kit from bgf for xmass. I put it on an old huffy just to see what and if this was all it was cracked up to be. WOW!! It was about 2 above zero,maden voyage.Had to quit riding due to frost bite. Scraped the huff {thought it was gona blow apart}.Now on a schwinn jag.If huffy made a airplane would you fly in it? I thought so,so don't put a motor in it either!!I have alot of vintage bikes,big twins,sporty's, we even flat track harley hummers and yamaha 650's. And I've NEVER had so much fun on 2 wheeles.I own a quarter mile dirt track and will be getting another kit soon for my slide n sideways fix. GREAT site! only question I have is about the whistle noise at about half throttle? is this due to bushing instead of roller? also getting a clutch cherp...adjustment? No big deal,when in doubt throttle out,wickit till she blows I always say. thanx in advance William "ONES FUN, TWO'S A RACE"dnutdnut

poopnbeans

Mar 16, 2009
ellicottville,n.y.14731
Thank you my friend! these things are just flat out fun. I HAVE ABOUT 150 GRINNING FILLED MILES SO FAR !I wanted to ride my shovlehead yesterday till I noticed the starter about jumping off bike(broken housing ear)..got half way through tear down to fix ,ditched fix and went for a cruze on the schwinn! AHHHHH all better now. ONES FUN TWOS A RACE !

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have no idea what it is but that is the reaction of everyone who ever got one of these running easily. Some of us cursed them for a week or two then just genuinely had fun with them. It was all thrills and the pure joy of being different. And of course the looks on the faces of our neighbors and the kids. But mostly it was the job of being a kid again.... at least for me

poopnbeans

Mar 16, 2009
ellicottville,n.y.14731
dnutdnutThank you for the warm welcome: the looks are more of a blank stare if anything ,followed by a pointing of the finger ,,,,,,,then comes the SMILE !! for me and the observer.************** WILLIAM****************** "ONES FUN TWOS A RACE"

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
You know I bet a road race of about ten miles would be a blast on a china kit bike... Too bad I never got the chance.

poopnbeans

Mar 16, 2009
ellicottville,n.y.14731
G.m.holley Won The First Motorized Bike Race 1902

Now's you're chance Deacon, let's go race'n. we're NEVER too old I didnt start till I was 40. not a pro not a novice,just an avid fan. loved it so much I put in my own quarter mile dirt track. we have a blast! we race/watch eachother,till someone falls and then drink at the full bar track side (THE STARLIGHT LOUNGE AT MEYHALFAST SPEEDWAY) Evry fri. nite and all day sun. weather permitting. alls welcome...... run what ya brung!** dnutdnut****** "ONES FUN TWO'S A RACE"*** In 1902 George Holley won the FIRST motorized bike endurance race from Boston to Central park .THIS WAS THE START OF OU'RE OBSESION FOLKS !!!!!!!!!**** HOLLEY FIRST,* I SAID FIRST TO MASS PRODUCE MOTORBIKES, this is before harley or indian ,though he did not continue his motorbike production. HE DID GO ON TO BE THE LARGEST CARBURATOR MANUFACTURER IN HISTORY. I'v been dreaming of making a film about this race maby a few of us can make this a reality.* WILLIAM**

Woodstock

Mar 15, 2009
Saint Petersburg
WELCOME ! Mine also makes a "Whistle" like noise of its own ,it has from the time I first started it , it is just the motors way of telling you it is ALIVE ! ! I was worried and we took the WHOLE THING apart , nothing wrong with it . ENJOY the RIDE .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Like the man said, "Noises are part of the fun" In an airplane we call it 'Automatic Rough' It's the strange sounds you start hearing just as you're out of gliding distance to a safe landing area. But on a motorbike...it's just something you learn to live with and not fret about. Glad you joined us. Ride safe, have fun. (Harley Hummers, huh? Brings back some memories)
Tom

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I dont have a gasoline bike any more and my lil ole bike wouldn't even make it the first mile before you finished. But thank for the thought.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Be careful this is an addiction. My wife looked in the garage the other day and said "I have a problem" I haven't a clue what she is talking about! I have worked on just about everything you could imagine and I guess I will never understand why I can't look at a bike with-ought wondering if an engine will fit. She can't get in the garage any more and says she is going to call Opra, and thinks she will do a show on my compulsive behavior! Oh well I still love her. Have fun, Dave

PS: I only have five bikes left that don't have engines.

poopnbeans

Mar 16, 2009
ellicottville,n.y.14731
Deacon my friend,just like a fallen borther,I'd stop and help ya get you're pant leg out of the chain.I can't race like that,thats no way to win! untill that time. WILLIAM "ONES FUN TWO'S A RACE" dnutdnut