High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
i had a handmade cromo brodie frame 10 years ago that would have been nice. maybe a used giant sport hybrid w discs. or a cheap micargi.
That's the problem I don't want to spend more than a couple hundred bucks if I were to get another bike! Then I could keep this motor on the bicycle it is on at the moment and sell it to a buddy who is interested in getting one.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
well the hebo and tecnigas are 28 inches from the cylinder to the middle of the baffle plus or minus an inch. your pipe has a shorter baffle thou.

xct2

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
That's just the snake pipe itself with no header attached. It's huge compared to anything else I have had on the bike. So 30" with whatever length header you want.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
so about 8 inch header i guess. i was just looking at it again and its a beauty. like a super sbp pipe really. well done. it honestly looks great performance wise. im drooling over it.
i have been nagging a little when you have work to do

thanks

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
so about 8 inch header i guess. i was just looking at it again and its a beauty. like a super sbp pipe really. well done. it honestly looks great performance wise. im drooling over it.
i have been nagging a little when you have work to do

thanks
I did some more test fitting today and it really shows how GIGANTIC this pipe really is compared to a SBP expansion chamber

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Well that's being sorted out at the moment. Currently the bike only has front rim brakes and the coaster brake. So basically only front rim brakes. Thinking about another bike with good brakes already installed because putting $200 on the front of the cruiser just doesn't seem right due to it being such a cheap bike!

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
i see now it will need to be as short as you can like 2-4 inches. cant wait to see it. good luck and i know you u can do it..... :)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
when I had the big fatty pipe on my Kulana this is how it looked before I painted it.

second pic is same pipe after painted when it was on the old western flyer bike for a couple days when I had just thrown an older engine on it to see how the bike would ride motorized.

the header pipe is 3/4' ID and just wont breathe good enough for good high rpm, but it sounds good.

I'll put a larger header pip on it one day and try it again to see what it will do.

Attachments

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
when I had the big fatty pipe on my Kulana this is how it looked before I painted it.

second pic is same pipe after painted when it was on the old western flyer bike for a couple days when I had just thrown an older engine on it to see how the bike would ride motorized.

the header pipe is 3/4' ID and just wont breathe good enough for good high rpm, but it sounds good.

I'll put a larger header pip on it one day and try it again to see what it will do.
Looks good map. How did you go about bending the pipe though? I seem to be having problems testing out ways to fit it. I think I am going to route it like you did, but on the right side.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
i cut alot of 7 or 15 degree angles and welded it together forming nice bends. not an easy job but it turned out great. you cant see any welds on mine cause i spent 6 hours smoothing the welds b4 paint. it was alot of work.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I can't say I am even decent at welding. I only have maybe 15 minutes on a mig and possibly 45 minutes on a tig. Going to try an EMT pipe bender to get some better than 90 degree angles

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Looks good map. How did you go about bending the pipe though? I seem to be having problems testing out ways to fit it. I think I am going to route it like you did, but on the right side.
Had a set of these laying around that I 've actually had since I was in my teens which was about 35 years ago...LOL

7/8" OD and roughly 3/4" ID

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Wow that'd be nice to have in 1 inch!

Also snake exhaust modification. 2.5" stainless steel glasspack. Haha just kidding. Was fooling around with crap I have for my car.

Also current work area. Packed with all my tools and car junk as well as other crap. Trying my best to keep working on the little things here and there as I don't want to make a mess on the carpet. Also waiting on my jug and type b piston to arrive so I can begin some dremeling.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Yes- Hello, I'm Trey, and I've been reading along.
Hey, that carpet is no problem. For a short time I set up in a house. I tarped the floor, then laid interlocking rubber tiles on top of that. Most spills stayed on the mat, but if not, it was easy to pop up those tiles and clean up.
I will admit that I got the tiles nearly free, but Harbor Freight or the like should have some pretty cheap. And then of course, you could pull up that carpet... but that's a whole other thing.

On a different subject; There is a member here, LudwigII, who is interested in tapping the CLDS genealogy database. Could you help him with contact info? That would be great, and I know he would be thankful.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Yes- Hello, I'm Trey, and I've been reading along.
Hey, that carpet is no problem. For a short time I set up in a house. I tarped the floor, then laid interlocking rubber tiles on top of that. Most spills stayed on the mat, but if not, it was easy to pop up those tiles and clean up.
I will admit that I got the tiles nearly free, but Harbor Freight or the like should have some pretty cheap. And then of course, you could pull up that carpet... but that's a whole other thing.

On a different subject; There is a member here, LudwigII, who is interested in tapping the CLDS genealogy database. Could you help him with contact info? That would be great, and I know he would be thankful.
Hey Trey, I am not an active LDS member, but I am pretty sure the genealogy database is open to anyone. All you would have to do is go to your local church and ask around about how you would be able to use the database. Some churches have a dedicated small computer room to be used for all research. What I'd do is just call your local church and ask some questions! Surely someone would love to help you out.