My first build.

GoldenMotor.com
Dec 11, 2014
Tucson

My camera quit in the middle of the motor being built. Internally the jug and piston are ported and some other mods to hopefully help with longevity and power. I plan to run a snake pipe, 36 tooth rear sprocket and a few other go fast tricks once I have her broken in. This is my first build so it's a bike to learn on and enjoy. I started collecting parts for next build I want to make seriously fast.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Looking good LSR (^) Maybe we will run into each other one of these days? Your bike will be hard to miss on the streets of Tucson.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Thanks Dave! And maybe once I get it tuned and and running around town we can meet up and cruise. I know there are quite a few of us in Tucson. It would be cool to get together and ride.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Thanks everyone. I am trying to get the loose ends together enough to go for a short first ride today. It's cold and raining but if I can I have to ride it.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Went out for the first ride. The stock chain broke in less than a mile. I wish I could find a nickel KMC locally. Oh well more waiting before I can really ride it.

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
I have been trying to find your bike.I like the green.Been to cold here to ride mine.
It must be ESP between you & I.Same bikes, engines & I have a snake pipe sitting
on my living room floor.

I,m trying to figure how to mount it.I will most likely cut it up a bit.Mine is a
little different than most I see.I got mine off E-Bay for $35.It's chrome But
after I cut & weld on it I will strip the chrome & paint it, for now.I may have it rechromed
later.
Fly

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Fly, I dont quite understand why more people don't build bikes like ours. You can build a very strong, yet still fast and light 700c bike. I just have one short ride but even with stock gearing this thing feels very quick. I am rolling around a few ways to mount the snake pipe in my head, would love to see what you come up with.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Went out for the first ride. The stock chain broke in less than a mile. I wish I could find a nickel KMC locally. Oh well more waiting before I can really ride it.
I run the silver KMC BMX on mine and love it. Its gotta weigh less than half of the stock chain and seems much quieter. You know you have to change the engine sprocket right?

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
KMC also makes a nickel 415 chain that should fit these sprockets. But I am definitely thinking of going to one of the smaller sizes like you mentioned. Do you know a good source for front sprockets for the other size chains, or do I have to make one?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Heres another cool thing. This is a urethane idler turned from a skate wheel. Has dual U.S. made bearings. Its much quieter and Im sure more durable that the stock plastic one. Was only $8.99 in various colors on ebay. There is no sleeve between the bearings so you have to run a lock nut on the inside to keep from crushing the bearings. Not a big deal at all.

Attachments

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Thanks for the links Cannonball! I like the tensioner a lot, I know bike can be run without one and I want to go that way when i get it sorted out but will probably get that one for the mean time. I think ultimatly I want the 415 nickel KMC but I really like the weight savings of the other so I will wait and see. Right now it has been in the 20's to 40's in the morning so I am dreaming of dealing with heat more than cold seizing.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
WOW the jetting change was a huge difference. The motor really really woke up, no more 4 stroking, much much smoother, and a LOT faster. Will keep reading the plug to make sure its not too lean but i got some off throttle 4 stroking in the right spots and think it's close to spot on. I don't know how fast yet but it's really winding out the stock 44 tooth rear on a 700c wheel which is basically a 29er. Any idea around how fast that is anyone?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
WOW the jetting change was a huge difference. The motor really really woke up, no more 4 stroking, much much smoother, and a LOT faster. Will keep reading the plug to make sure its not too lean but i got some off throttle 4 stroking in the right spots and think it's close to spot on. I don't know how fast yet but it's really winding out the stock 44 tooth rear on a 700c wheel which is basically a 29er. Any idea around how fast that is anyone?
Are you still running the NT? If so what jet did you wind up on?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Heres another cool thing. This is a urethane idler turned from a skate wheel. Has dual U.S. made bearings. Its much quieter and Im sure more durable that the stock plastic one. Was only $8.99 in various colors on ebay. There is no sleeve between the bearings so you have to run a lock nut on the inside to keep from crushing the bearings. Not a big deal at all.
I like how that looks mounted to seat post tube, looks very durable.

I make the idler/tensioner wheels from skate board wheels, I use high quality bearings and I use bearing spacer between the bearings which prevent crushing the bearings, I do leave my rollers larger diameter for better contact area, I sell mine for $12.00 shipped anywhere in lower 48 for free with an axle bolt, nuts and washers.

The price I charge, mainly just covers wheel & hardware parts, postage, packaging and about $3 for my labor.

I haven't advertised much on here, but a few members here have got one from me and as far as I know they're still working great just like all of mine are.

Again, nice looking set up there cannonball2

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thanks Map! That's a righteous price on the idler wheel, I was thinking that the full wheel would be better as it will have more take up on the chain. I will get one from you on the next build.