420cc HF engine

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I'd have to agree with Lurker on this one. The 212cc is a nice powerplant capable of plenty of power in a nice small package. I considered the 240cc version of the same GX style engine but after making a few measurements decided the benefits were not worth the added weight and size.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My 2 cents, which is just that......I personally would never try to cram a HF 420cc into anything less than a tandem, for several reasons. The main reason would be as Lurker has suggested....the weight and power of a stock HF 420 and a more practical application of a HF 212cc with a few mods.

I've seen Scott's frames (Silverstate) and a few of his builds and I just don't see a 420cc being a practical or whatever option for a build in that frame without some modifications.

Do what you wanna do though, cuz that's what I do :D I do like the electric starters on the HF 420's.....you almost need one for that brute ;)

AxeBike

Sep 15, 2016
FL
Maybe you think the 212 is good, maybe you think the 420 is too much or even better. But here is a link to a guy who used the HF 670 V-Twin. I know you've all looked at it in Harbor Freight and thought, I would love to try that on a bike but it's probably too much power or weight. Well, here is a link to a guy who did it by making his own board tracker from scratch. Tubing is .120 DOM.

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49480