Has anyone seen or used these engines on Ebay? 50CC

GoldenMotor.com

jmc25fl

Sep 29, 2013
Venice Florida
This engine looked like a good engine to use on a build. The sprocket might be a little small as it was designed for pocket bikes, but maybe it could be changed out. I just wonder how these high performance 2 strokes perform against the standard motors we use. Any comments ?

HP 49CC 2-STROKE ENGINE w/ built in 44mm big bore kit stage 2

for RACING POCKET MINI BIKE/SCOOTER/ATV

Condition: Brand New

Specification:

49cc single cylinder, air-cooled, 2-stroke, 25H chain

This HP Engine will fit most 47/49cc pocket bikes that are currently selling on eBay.

- Replace your old motor now!

- This motor is designed with a bigger bore kit with more performance for racing!

- Also comes with an aluminum pull start with aluminum clog!

- Engine also comes with a high performance air filter!

This is Race Engine comes with all the parts as seen in the pictures

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
They work fine for rack mount or friction drive. They are very difficult to mount in the frame without welding, and will require a jack shaft or some other form of gear reduction.

jmc25fl

Sep 29, 2013
Venice Florida
Thank you for your comments. I think that if you are going to go 50cc it's best to stay away from needing a jackshaft. You will get power loss with any gear system and with only 50 cc to work with I would rather keep all I can.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i have seen that motor all over e bay and it looks to have all the right upgrades. but was wondering about the quality of the motor for a bike build. where is the rpm range and powerband ?

how well would this get a bike moving ?

i might buy one for my fiance and do a rear rack mount on a full suspention mountain bike. she want one just has to be fully automatic and pull start and reliable. it also has to pull her around at at least 25mph.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'm slowly building a bike to comply with the minimum UK regs, and my engine will have to be restricted anyway, so it will be kept well away from excessive stress.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I'm planning on using a pocket bike motor on a build,
They do have a bad rep though.
Especially the barrels with 3 boost ports.
as the boost ports line up with the ring gaps?
They also end up a little wide to squeeze between the pedals.
And noisy.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There are some nice pics of rack mount engines, with a mower type tank mounted above them. The 2 row chain reduction box is about 3:1 and drives the left side of the wheel. The little gear reduction box is about 5:1 and drives the right side of it.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=42509&page=21
Here's mine, it took some rebuilding of the engine and beefing up how it's put together but all the general components are pretty nice. These motors are good for top end horsepower but lack some torque compared to the non reeded pocket bike engines. You can gear them low and they'll produce better torque though, as well as using the aluminum clutch and lightening it by drilling holes in the arms so it winds up before getting the power down. They are noisy and fun and definitely worth the money, my biggest obstacle was keeping the head bolts tight and the jug and head sealed, you can see how I fixed that in the thread.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
This engine looked like a good engine to use on a build. The sprocket might be a little small as it was designed for pocket bikes, but maybe it could be changed out. I just wonder how these high performance 2 strokes perform against the standard motors we use. Any comments ?

HP 49CC 2-STROKE ENGINE w/ built in 44mm big bore kit stage 2

for RACING POCKET MINI BIKE/SCOOTER/ATV

Condition: Brand New

Specification:

49cc single cylinder, air-cooled, 2-stroke, 25H chain

This HP Engine will fit most 47/49cc pocket bikes that are currently selling on eBay.

- Replace your old motor now!

- This motor is designed with a bigger bore kit with more performance for racing!

- Also comes with an aluminum pull start with aluminum clog!

- Engine also comes with a high performance air filter!

This is Race Engine comes with all the parts as seen in the pictures
I have seen that engine on ebay, I had thought about using it on a bike in the past, only problem I could think of is...the sprocket on the clutch uses #35 chain I believe, the sprockets from the kits use 41/415 and those fit....SO, you may have to find a #35 sprocket, drill holes in it, and then use the rag joint or sprocket adapter for the kits. Get that straightened out, then go from there! As I mentioned before, I'm pretty sure it's a 35 chain, it could even be smaller than that! Keep me posted!

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Other pocket bike transmissions with gear reduction (you'll want this) are available that can take a 410 sprocket. The stock Cag engine bell usually has an 8mm sprocket.

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
The only problem I have ever ran into myself is the chain size the engine's drive sprocket takes. It's a really small chain, much smaller than a bicycle chain. The engine itself is really quite fun, has good acceleration, but keep in mind this motor is geared for 12" wheels, so gear accordingly!
-Zane Smith

Feb 21, 2014
miami florida
I have a 80 motor on my bicycle yesterday on my way to my work beging to loose speed not fast as usual I check everything and all are conected on my way back the engine stop working the tank was full of gas the line was full of gas but won't start i have to put the clutch and pedal from 79 st until my house on 115 st under the Miami sun I try the little schew with a resort and some times work arround the block others not can anybody help me

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have a 80 motor on my bicycle yesterday on my way to my work beging to loose speed not fast as usual I check everything and all are conected on my way back the engine stop working the tank was full of gas the line was full of gas but won't start i have to put the clutch and pedal from 79 st until my house on 115 st under the Miami sun I try the little schew with a resort and some times work arround the block others not can anybody help me
Have you tried looking at any of these threads?
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=engine will not start

danag

Feb 15, 2014
panama city fl
I just ordered the stock version.I have a schwinn s75o electric scooter that i'm putting it on.I am trying to figure out where to put it.Probably gonna put it where the batteries went. I want to bore it out and do boost.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Bore it out, maybe, and tell me where you find a piston that worked and I'll buy one too.

BOOST? lol yeah, good luck making that work on a two stroke, these motors barely handle the power a well set up stage 2 cylinder kit provides, and boosting two strokes is a waste o' cash, it prolly won't work.