NAPA Spark Plug Boot

GoldenMotor.com

crazyinsane51

Apr 2, 2012
Florida
After doing some research and from my own experience I've have learned that the spark plug boot that comes with the china girl engines are so fragile. If you want a great alternative you can go to NAPA. I'm sure other auto parts store will have something also but here is what I used and it works great. I didn't have replace wire. It fits right over the stock CDI wire. I know you can replace the wire to but is it worth the hassle? Any how after watching some YouTube videos lol... on how to make your own spark plug wires and a simple non insul crimper or even pliers. Boom! It works! And you don't have to unscrew the cap on the top of the spark plug either.

While at NAPA they also had the NGK spark plug that fits these kits. I got the NGK B6HS as mentioned by others. I noticed a big difference over the china plug.

Hopefully some of you can use this a reference and help people that use the search button! LoL.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...e-Terminal-Snap-Lock/_/R-BEL727006_0006444055

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Spark-Plug-Boot/_/R-BEL727402_0366475282

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We always recommend replacing the kit plug boot with a good automotive quality boot and connector. The kit boot is by far the weakest link in the chain and responsible for more new builder problems than anything else when it comes to how the engine performs.

You can rely on the crimped on connector inside the boot but if you really want a bullet proof set up, solder the wire to the connector. Of course that requires a metallic core wire. You can't solder resistance wire that most auto parts stores sell today.

Tom

robert0508

Apr 28, 2009
kerrville
you can have them order some by the foot, when i worked at oreilly the borg warner book showed some boxes of bulk stuff that the "hub" store had. so ask nicely to the parts person and they may search for the book and may even let you get only a foot or two without buying a whole box.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
denniskirk.com is where I get fairly cheap wire & NGK caps that are exactly like the chinese caps (but never break)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I get mine FREE from the junkyard.
They are laying everywhere!
A bit of clean up and looks like new!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I got my plug wire at an auto parts store. It was made for a Ford Escape so it didn't have the 90 degree bend. it worked very well.