Canadian Tire Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

sniperxfire

Mar 6, 2013
Canada
So i found this bicycle from Canadian tire which i've seen a guy riding it with motorcycle on the street.

In my opinion, my 66cc engine might fit in there but the downtube is kinda to big. I dont even think, the U that came out with the kit fits in there. Can somoene tell me the solution for that?

I really like this bike due to its front suspension and of course cheap price.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...CM+Nitro+XT+26-in+Mountain+Bike.jsp?locale=en

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
It looks like it'll work but yeah, I'm pretty sure you'll need to do something for the front mount.

Flipped through the site, have you had a look at the $99 Supercycle? It looks like it has 'standard' tubes, not oversized.

sniperxfire

Mar 6, 2013
Canada
It looks like it'll work but yeah, I'm pretty sure you'll need to do something for the front mount.

Flipped through the site, have you had a look at the $99 Supercycle? It looks like it has 'standard' tubes, not oversized.
Thank you for suggesting that but i checked that bike few weeks ago and the downtube is also a bit too big.

Also i would be more interested on a bike with front suspension.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
The answer for a large down tube that's too big for the adapter is to go and buy a muffler clamp, get a drill and bits, a piece of sturdy metal or the plate with the adapter and get to work making it work.

Do these bikes have disc brake mounts in the rear? (or anywhere)

sniperxfire

Mar 6, 2013
Canada
The answer for a large down tube that's too big for the adapter is to go and buy a muffler clamp, get a drill and bits, a piece of sturdy metal or the plate with the adapter and get to work making it work.

Do these bikes have disc brake mounts in the rear? (or anywhere)
Thank you, i will give it a try on your idea.

These bikes dont have disk brakes my only problem is the downtube :D

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Ah, okay. I was in one of thier stores yesterday and didn't even think to look at one while I was there. The front suspension would make for a smoother ride.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Yes- the front shock does make for a smoother ride- I have one on my two cruiser builds- and one I've had for awhile- a trash find- I'm debating on putting on the one that doesn't-
they add a little bit of weight, but I'm not taking the bikes up a flight of stairs like I used to

a shock seatpost is a plus too.

also- personally, I'd probably lose the front derailleur- I see guys get it to work, but you could uncomplicate things without it, and if the chainwheels aren't stamped toigether, maybe lose two chainrings as well as the derailleur and cable and shifter.

I used to have rear derailleurs on the builds, but finally went with single speed freewheels with a light gear and I match the chains with half links if I have to- and easier done on the pedal chain.
.trk

Attachments

Last edited: