Performance mod help!!

GoldenMotor.com

darbyman

Apr 11, 2013
australia
Hey, just order the NCY racing cable and cap , and I'm just wondering if anyone has had experience with one, because it looks like this cable attaches to the old on and doesn't that defeat the purpose of the performance cable?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Are you talking about the spark plug wire? Is it a Chinese 2 stroke engine?

Most new CDIs have the original wire (high voltage lead) glued in. You'll have to dig around the wire before it will unscrew out of the CDI. Make sure you don't damage the threaded contact that will screw into the core or conductor of the new wire.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If your part just attaches to the existing wire, it won't be much of an upgrade.
I'd still use the plug cap if it's better though.
I just grabbed a car wire, cut it to length and screwed it in.
Like 2door said, yours might be glued in but you can still replace it by carefully digging it out with a small pick. As long as you don't break the screw post in the CDI box, a new wire will screw right on.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Some guy on Fea-bay selling a Red wire kit for like $29.99+S+H it 8.8mm gota nice boot on it but on the other end its got some goofy a$$ splice/Union /coupler for cutting back the stock wire. I guess you cut it back slip on and tighten it down by hand. Upgrade in performance NOT GONA HAPPEN. But if Reds your color buy it. LMAO

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I replace the boots with NGK because the stock ones break & NGK doesn't break - I replace the wire if I need it to be longer - I see no 'performance increase' from doing this & I believe solid wire and zero resistance boots are about as good as it gets.