Turkey perky jerky

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Had that experience myself. Had a few close calls over 43 years of wood working and then cut the ends off the three middle fingers on my left hand twice in 16 months doing the same thing. That's when it became evident that it may be time to quit.

Looked at the bumper sticker again and I'm still laughing.

Steve.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The only thing that gets me is when someone insists that they are right and someone else is wrong. We all have different opinions and preferences, as well as different ways of interpreting our own personal experience. Two people can use the exact same product and have two totally different opinions. Does it make one of them an idiot (and no, you don't get to choose which one is the idiot, could be either one)? No. Does it make that product great or crappy? No. It just says everyone's results are different. If you think you're right or someone else is wrong, take a deep breath, count to ten, think about it for a second, then get over it (and maybe yourself too).

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Big Butter Bean , that reminds me exactly of some commercial or ad where they rave on about the virtues of their product or service and then on the bottom of the screen or ad it has the disclaimer, "Your results may vary."

Two people using the same item or doing the same repair quite often have a different result as you say. I find that when building parts for the tricars the same thing happens. I make my part first and then when it fit or looks right I build one for Silverbears Hiawatha tricar. So often the second one comes out noticeably better without me trying to improve it.

Oh, and I am an Idiot. My late, former wife informed me of that many times at least up until I told her she was right and she had proof. I told her the fact that I married her was proof enough.
I paid the price for that but it was worth it.

Steve.