New Build 66cc Engine is slow and will not idle at all

GoldenMotor.com

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
You have too much fuel. We're not taking into consideration oil mixture, just the stuff that goes boom.

Too much fuel= rich

Too little fuel = lean.

Technically, it will run better when you use less oil as there is more gasoline to burn, however, if your engine is new, don't bother with that right now.

Oh yeah, back your oil mixture down to about 24:1. 16:1 is what the chinese use. We don't need that 'round here. ;)

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if dropping the needle doesn't get you to a place where it will idle until it runs in a bit and can then be raised some, then look for seepage along the seams of the cases - you may be leaking there a bit or maybe a seal is leaking - tighten all case screws with an impact driver to seal the cases (don't forget the three screws under the clutch)

Rmountcastle001

May 22, 2013
Saint Paul, MN
Alright Guys thanks alot! you guys really helped i figured out that the bike is jus running to rich...not sure why but i did a test where i filled the bowl with gas and then rode with the petcock off and when the gas ran out... I WAS FLYING for about 7 seconds and it died. so my question is how do i make the jet smalller? btw the clip is on the needle farthest away from the taper.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Well, two things, try dropping your needle down into the jet, this will make it a tad leaner at any throttle position besides WOT. And adjust the float position so that there is less fuel in the bowl. Do that, then worry about re-jetting.