@Piratecycles

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

honda04rider

Apr 24, 2013
Nebraska
I ordered an 80cc kit online from you. Prior to ordering, I called and sent an e-mail to ask a question, no response, not a big deal. Received my order only to find out your website is misleading by saying you need a crank conversion kit if you have a 1 pc crank. (Not true) then I tried calling several times and sent several e-mails about a damaged post on the gas tank. No response or answers. I fixed the problem myself with your damaged product. I'm not even going to try and return the crank Coversion kit that you mislead me to buy.

I'm ordering two bicycles and two motors today, not from you. How can I be assured if I receive a damaged motor, that I can return it, you don't respond? I guess I'm the fool for not seeing others responses about damaged parts, misleading information, and no customer service. You would be surprised that if you hired a part time student to respond to e-mails or calls how much business you would retain. Guess I'm not giving you any more business and probably others that read this too. .bf.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I gave up on pirate cycles , let it be known that Matt and Justin both told me personally on the phone they never will and don't ever open our check email they only send out invoices with tracking numbers on their pirate one Yahoo .and good luck to anyone to get a number from them I didn't get a tracking number on my motor until the day got here and was missing two digits a lot of good that did .lol 3 weeks ago I tried one last time I called and Matt answer the phone I was amazed I said hey man its Dan St Louis can you send me a PayPal payable invoice for 2 quarts of AMSOIL? he responded said sure Dan I'm getting off right now .well needless to say I never got the invoice for the AMSOIL .so I went to Amsoil direct and I also purchased some of the motorcycle octane boost Wow three points of octane it does make a difference. this is my feelings last thoughts on Pirate cycles the only thing cool about pirates cycles right now is the shirt and eventually it will fade in were out and be thrown overboard as well .

honda04rider

Apr 24, 2013
Nebraska
Hopefully you don't ever have to return anything. I probably called about 20 times. No answer. Mailbox says its full. I see those same comments on the internet about their customer service dating back 3+ years. Again no problem if they don't answer the phone, a lot of businesses on the Internet, eBay, etc.. do business by e-mail. But if there not even going to respond to customer claims that is poor business practice. Bikeberry for instance, I can call and inquire what is in stock and they have a customer service line and e-mail. Like the gentleman indicated above, his experiences also reflect the poor customer service. If I had confidence that they were going to respond if they sent me the wrong item or a defective product, I would order again from them. No confidence based on my experiences and not 1 response from them.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Piratecycles are just a drop shipper for those engine kits. Check the mailing label,I bet it doesn't say it was mailed from Massachusetts.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
mine said Grafton Massachusetts .And so did the shirt and so does the AMSOIL .you can't bet on something if you haven't bought from them in know personally like I do

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Actually I bought my motor kit from them. It was mailed from Bozeman,MT. I didn't say anything about the shirts and stuff. Just the engine KITS. Did you buy a kit? Or did you buy an engine?

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I would buy a few kits for the shop for parts if I sold motorized bicycles and the like. That's just sense. Much cheaper to buy a whole kit(or 5-10 from bikeberry) and part those out.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Guessing , tank$15 chain$15 cables $8+$8 carb $15 CDI$15 grip&stuff$15 rag$10 44t $12 -----$114.00 I think plus my buck-----$214.00. Ya, they did ok

Mar 31, 2013
RI
yeah man, i agree their customer service sucks and it's costing them WAY more money then they realize, they're like the guy who just won the lottery and is whining about the taxes.

...the problem is that Justin has another business that requires him to be there so the bike shop is mostly Matt, ...unfortunately, Matt acts like a whiny employee complaining about the workload rather than an owner smart enough to know that that busyness he is suffering from is a sign of success and that it's time to hire some help and start making money from the help's labor as well as his own.

...but i doubt they buy kits just to part them out, ...for example, i just bought a bike from them and they installed the kit for me so i took possession of a running bike, ...anyway, the bike is running great and while i'm too new at this hobby to be able to tell for certain how much effort they put into the build, the one thing i CAN see is that they did NOT use the kit's ragjoint but instead automatically installed one of their sprocket adapters, an upgrade i'd not asked for.

...having dealt with them personally and recently my take is that they are still nothing more than bike mechanics who got into this hobby to fund this hobby in their own lives and not business men trying to grow a future so, as happy as i am with my bike, i'll not be going back for anything else.

...if you live close enough to physically go to the shop i think you will be happy with the quality you get from Pirate Cycles but if you have to rely on the telephone or e-mails, i'd suggest you look elsewhere.

just my .02, bozo

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Actually trey that's bicycle-engines.com. And its also birddog distributing. That's the name on the boxes I received.

Avalanche

Jan 24, 2013
Rhode Island
i live near pirate cycles and went there in person to pick up a 66cc 2 stroke kit. the kit was missing the clutch cable screw and gas tank cap. i went back and they gave me those no questions asked along with those sound dampening things that go inside the engine plate covers. when i asked about sound deadening, matt showed me them and just decided on the spot that i should have them for free because of the troubles of the missing parts in the kit, which i felt was a real nice thing to do. i know it's not a terribly expensive item(12 or 13 bucks) but the jesture shows sympathy for the customer.

i met both justin and matt and their father, "the captain" and they seemed like nice folks.

i would go back because I greatly value being able to deal with people face to face. Also, no shipping, no waiting, and dealing locally.

someone else posted that they heard matt or justin say that they never open up their email. I remember I had sent them an email once and I got a reply the same or next day. just my experience in dealing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.