best beach cruiser to use?

GoldenMotor.com

All_Around_Biker

Mar 21, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I have the engine kit picked out but I need to know what brand of beach cruiser works the best. schwinn? huffy? What works the best?? If there is a mountain bike that works too let me know! having shocks would be nice given what and where I'll be riding. all input is welcome! thanks!!

dnut

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The beach cruisers currently offered in the department stores are more prone to cracks when motorized. A used, pre2001 beach cruiser of any make is preferable to new, department store cruisers. Mine is a 1976 western flyer.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The "best " should be the bike YOU like, what I did on my first bike I found a frame type that would work with the engine kit in the color I wanted. Many will tell you to avoid aluminum frames but I have over 1000 miles on my o.p. cruiser with no frame problems. I also have a huffy cranbrook, it rides smoother but is heavier so I have to pedal more. So I say find a bike that the engine will fit in that you like and get started. No matter which you choose you need to add a front brake, the coaster brakes alone are not enough.