The best way to 40+mph

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Oh...Not too sure about the Mongoose bike BUT I would highy recommend a full suspension set up if you can find a good used bike.....The old GT bikes like Easy Rider has makes a good platform for a build...I had never ridden suspension bike before BUT once I did I was SOLD!....

I'll be building one up shortly..

Andrew

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
No way in h*ll I'd ever want to go that fast on a bicycle. Most of the reasons Dax had already explained in this thread. THe main reason is safety. I just have to think that other traffic - cars, trucks, buses, pedestrians, etc. - just to not expect a bicycle going that fast so they make their judgements based upon that assumption.

Another reason is that here in California it's illegal to ride a moped and especially a motorized, motor-driven cycle that fast.

Most of the cruisers, mountain bikes, and all of the cheapo wal-mart specials are clearly not designed for that speed. Full suspension may help but I still doubt that it can safely handle that kind of speed without a gas shock absorbing system of some kind.

WHen I was a kid I recall the trip over the handle bars when the front hub bearings failed because the axle nut came loose. I was doing about 10 mph. I don't even want to think about that happening doing 40+.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
I did 31.8 last week with a shift kit and 11tooth jackshaft sprocket, just cruising. Still had more but ran out of room. I'll leave speed for my Hayabusa.

Phatman Motors

Oct 19, 2008
binger,oklahoma USA
Hello ,has anyone run a straight pipe 18inches or or so with any success...will it hurt the engine....sorry for dumb question,but am new to 2stroke motors,,thanksamillion ...Phat

conradcliff

Oct 10, 2008
Tampa, Fla.
Wow, lot's of posts still coming, this is great.

So, what does everyone think about Poulan motors. I found a refurbished saw for $80 at big lots. Any opinions?

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Shift Kit, NuVinci Hub, Tuned pipes, Franco Morini Motori Engine, on a Full-Fairing Recumbant. That bike would probably go a lot faster than 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.