HELP WANTED $$$, Create gas/elec hybrid

GoldenMotor.com

Jer1981

Jul 2, 2012
US
Dear all

As this is my first post, please bear with me
due to a host of medical reasons I am unable to obtain a DL and I travel alot from state to state where using a gas powered bicycle is not allowed

I used to own a trek 7.1 which I installed a hub motor kit on the front wheel.
using a 48v lipo pack, top speed is 32mph (limited via CA when in town ), range is fairly decent,,,,well this got me hooked

HELP REQUESTED .....$$$$ TO BE MADE......

I want to build a gas powered generator plant for extended ride time
that is capable of either 110v @ 10A or 48V @ 20A
this will either power the hub motor directly or charge the battery.

I don't care if this is a trailer that is pulled or a box mounted on a rack,
I would like to go for this setup as then by the laws of the states I travel in this is the safest bet,

why not risk it you say? cant afford the chance of getting caught nor do I want the hassle of dealing with it

I have thought of stupid ideas such as a honda EU3000IS genset powering a 110V->48V PS unit that drives the motor among many other things that are doable in theory but not really practical

any ideas welcome, sadly I am unable to do this myself but am willing to work with anyone who can,, I dont mind spending a buck for some nice custom work

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
Where are you located?

I'm looking to do something similar but I'm broke and disabled so my route will not be as fancy.

For instance I don't have the resources to setup charging/voltage control even though have IT background.

So I'd run two gas motors, electric on front. One motor driving alternator,

Never built a MB so my first goal is friction based with small engines.

So read this http://cvrproducts.com/alternator-technical-notes/

So possibly a car alt would work right. Not sure how much 12v 50amp would do on an electrical motor but I read 800w~ is enough to burn rubber with electric motors, and around 50-100amp.

Then I'd do the electric motor for take off and the gas friction for helping maintain higher speed.

I'm also looking into Hybrid due to Calif laws. However I'd still like to use gasoline take off, electric mostly intrigues me for instant take off in rough terrain on the front and to assist cruise and such.

How does your setup charge? You'd need to tap in correctly, in theory a small 1HP~ should beable to keep you potentially only draining the battery on take off's unless the gas motor was offline.

I'd want it to suck from the alt then batt like car's do, they run nearly on the alternator but can drain the battery then charge.