Excelsior V Twin build

GoldenMotor.com

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi placidsdene......The pedals are not connected to the drive...don't need to be as the engine has 6 speed gear box unit construction....however the pedals are used to operate the rear brake.. the pedal axle has a lever with a ratchet on the (right) brake side..back pedal to stop ....... the pedals can be rotated forward and positioned so that the gear shift (left ) can be operated with left foot ....I havent done anything to the bike lately as I'm still finishing another project maybe another 2-3 months before I get back to finish it...heres a few pics of the crank assembly .... hope you can work out what I have done and how it works.......regards DD

Attachments

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi I'm getting near finished on this other project.....has for last year stopped me from working on the Excelsior..heres a few pics of both together..... hope to get back on the bike and finish it soon........ DD

Attachments

Reactions: Hud

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi to the followers of this build..
I have sold the bike four months ago as I don't have the time to work on it....the new owner is motor cycle racer and has the time to finish it and ride..I received an email from yesterday saying that it up and running with some carb re jetting he has been to 80 MPH so far and it handles very well....he indicates that with a front sprocket change to 18 teeth and a race type CDI he will achieve 100 MPH in the next couple of weeks...he is using a GPS for his speed records and will email me he has achieved the speed....His comments are that the bike has notoriety around his race circle.. world wide..I feel privileged that I was able to construct this bike on this forum with all the help of the fellow board trackers who follow this build...I will post any information that is forth coming with the speed trials in the future...Paul who the new owner is a worthy owner of the bike ......DD

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Read up on the X just recently & wondered what had become of her. Thanks for the update and please help us keep up with her new found life as a racer.
Rick C.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi...The new owner of this bike..... Paul...got in touch to day ...he has got to 96 MPH on the last 3 runs this week ....hopes to achieve 100MPH in the next month with a few more tuning twweks...he feels confident he can achieve the 100 mph...I always hoped the bike could get this speed ...once he has got the 100mph he will retire the bike to show status....had a great conversation with him ...lots of interest in the bike anywhere he go's .....I think he will be posting some video footage on this sites face book soon.....if he cant he will send to me and I will post it here.....always regret selling but I wouldn't have been as persistent as ..Paul.. to get it to this stage of 100mph....might build another in the future...have another large project that needs to be completed..

Reactions: fasteddy

cyndemgum

Apr 27, 2016
Australia
Hi...The new owner of this bike..... Paul...got in touch to day ...he has got to 96 MPH on the last 3 runs this week ....hopes to achieve 100MPH in the next month with a few more tuning twweks...he feels confident he can achieve the 100 mph...I always hoped the bike could get this speed ...once he has got the 100mph he will retire the bike to show status....had a great conversation with him ...lots of interest in the bike anywhere he go's .....I think he will be posting some video footage on this sites face book soon.....if he cant he will send to me and I will post it here.....always regret selling but I wouldn't have been as persistent as ..Paul.. to get it to this stage of 100mph....might build another in the future...have another large project that needs to be completed..
Hi again Doug. Managed to relink with the Forum today. I'll keep you in the loop re further activities with the bike. All the best, Paul.