Boy Go Fast - Manufacturer - Oversized Chrome Mount

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just a China factory like all the rest of them..........

All of my engines came from BGF and I have had good results with them had one failure but I think it was my fault being a noob at the time and mixed the fuel wrong for the type oil I had and then run it wide open for several miles and siezed it.......

The other three engine are very good run-ers.

I wouldn't be afraid of that engine at all...... but to each there own and we must all remember that these china made engines are always a crap shoot to some extent in my opinion, it can be a great little engine or it can be a lemon reguardless of the "Brand" or factory where it was thrown together.

I have 2 of the big mount engines and be aware that even though they will fit the frame tube, they may still sit to low to clear the chain guard on the bike and/or the sprocket if it is a 44T sprocket that is on the peddles.

I solved this problem by putting a 36T chain ring/sprocket on my peddles and chunking the guard which isnt needed anyway in my opinion, these 36T sprocket can be bought on ebay or other sites that carry bike parts for around $10 and they are easy to put on, now I'm speaking of a single speed cruiser bike like a Huffy beach cruiser or simular bikes.

If you do this mod on the Huffy type single speed cruiser you will be able to sit that engine right down and it will saddle both front and rear tubs nice for a good solid mount.

Peace

Here is the product Chrome 80CC motor bicycle engine KIT motorized bike K80 | eBay

It has a big mount so you can mount directly to over-sized cruiser tube without the adapter.

Does anyone know what factor these motors come from? Thanks everyone

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
I wouldn't be afraid of that engine at all...... but to each there own and we must all remember that these china made engines are always a crap shoot to some extent in my opinion,
QFT.

Thankfully, we all have different opinions and as long as the whole thing doesn't turn to dust when/if it fails, you can probably recoup some of your purchase price and gain some education in the process. Well worth the price of admission IMO.

And it'll be fun while it lasts.:)

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Honestly - I don't think it's going to be THAT big a mount. It may be slightly larger, but there's a reason that U-style universal mount is there - it's not that big.

They come from china - as has been said. When you see "Made in China" at the bottom of a toy, are you going to care what factory it's made in? For myself, I classify Made in China as just a low QC/QA factory, and it's a shot in the dark if it'll be good or not.

When you're buying one - just be sure to get one from a reputable dealer who will stand by what they sell and has a good warranty. Be respectful and odds are it'll be alright and you'll be taken care of.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
WRONGO!

And too bad- it's time they recast the motor mount for the larger down tube- and while anything still remains "standard" against the encroaching exotic trends

But this is still the same motor- the mount shown in the photo is the back seat tube mount- and looks the same-

AND there's still the oversized clamp adapter for the front- you've misunderstood I think-

but we NEEED a re-cast motor mount engine!

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
^Development on these engines seems to have stopped just after the earth cooled. I wouldn't hold my breath on getting anything we "need" done. Not from the Chinese anyway.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Fella's I have 2 of these BIG MOUNT engines and 2 of the standard size front mount engines, and yes the front mount saddle on this engine is BIGGER, it's not just being said in the add for the heck of it.........it's a fact.

and ther eare others that can vouch for thisfact as well............

the pic is showing the FRONT mounting saddle and it is larger, been there done that and got the T-Shirt......!

The huffy cranbrook and some others has the larger tube and so does my Kulana cruiser, the BIG TUBE MOUNT engines will saddle those tubes without having to use the "big mount kit" U-bolt and plate, if a person doesnt want to change the peddle chain ring the plate kit can be used to raise the engine up enough so that it will clear the chain guard.......

Do some research and you will find what I'm saying here to be fact not fiction...

So mjharden1 yes again to the question you ask and I have explained also what you must do for it to be a direct mount up on your bike.

Peace

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
The BIG MOUNT ENGINE is designed to fit perfectly over a down tube that is 1.55" measure the standard tube size engine and you will see how much smaller it is.

The Grubee GT4 engines have the standard size saddle but the X80, X80A, Z80 & Z280 BGF engines have the BIG MOUNT 1.55" saddle on front.

Peace

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Ok OK I'll take your word for it.
Then Eureka! that's what I'll look for if i ever buy another motor-

grinding that damn mount takes time- but I've done it twice, and then used long back studs to bend around the frame-

a 41 sprock is so much an improvement from a 44 I think too- they should go with 40 even- the smaller the sprock- the more chain clearance

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
All is cool here.......

I just wanted to make a strong point reguarding what I had said in my original post here, one thing I'm NOT is a liar and if I know something it is because I have it or have done it.......but on the other hand if I dont know I will NEVER make a claim to know, and in turn risk misdirecting someone who is looking for an answer or some help of some kind, I believe someone is no better than their word so I will only make a solid claim on something I know to be fact.

That said............... yes you can save yourself a lot of trouble reguarding all the grinding you spoke of by getting one of the Big Mount engine BGF sells, I have wondered why the other sellers never get these Big Mount engines...???

Not sure why but like I said I have 2 of them and a good friend of mine known here as dan+1 also has one on his Huffy with the larger down tube and he will also vouch for the engines having a larger enough front saddle to fit perfectly on the larger tube with no mods needed to the mount.

Yes the 41T sprocket is an improvement as well, I have a mountain bike that has the 41T on it and it will run 35-36MPH on flat ground, I personally like the 36T the best for lower RPM cruising at 30-32MPH and I have a 34T on another bike that I reall ylike too, but the BGF kits that come with the 41T are a bit better for that little extra speed you get over the 44T sprocket which for most reasons I think is just too big unless a person leave that junky restrictive stock exhaust on the engine and it's just too choked down to pull the smaller sprockets.

Peace........!

brnot

Ok OK I'll take your word for it.
Then Eureka! that's what I'll look for if i ever buy another motor-

grinding that damn mount takes time- but I've done it twice, and then used long back studs to bend around the frame-

a 41 sprock is so much an improvement from a 44 I think too- they should go with 40 even- the smaller the sprock- the more chain clearance

mjharden1

May 25, 2011
naples, fl
Hi, I will confirm the oversize mount. I have installed three of these on the oversized frame of the 29er that Walmart sells (I know, I know) . It really makes life much easier.

Anyhow, the reason I was asking who the manufacturer is - I would like to purchase some in bulk and not through BGF. He has been difficult to deal with in the event of even minor part problems.

Thanks for the responses.

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
I've bought master links, carbs, spark plugs, engines - you name it- from Mr. BoyGoFast on Ebay. He sells 'em cheap and ships fast and has good stuff..nothing but praise here. Of course he's mainland Chinese so don't email him EVER or you'll run the risk of getting a respond like "Hi. Ahh yes, engines are made but I not make them with my hands but some do..Please make payment and I will ship out but I didn't make? Thanks."

Hahaha- classic BoyGoFast!

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
I bought an engine from luckyearlybird on ebay. not sure of the model now as I promptly removed all factory stickers from the engine. I believe my engine actually came from japan ( yes there are japanese engines, look at the stinger). two things I do know. my engine is 68.5cc's. LEB and BGF do sell a lot of the same engines and parts. my bike is a huffy cranbrook 26 inch men's beach cruiser. my engine fits my frame. I did not even have to change the chain ring. my other engines were grubee and did not fit my frame. the front mount is wider and the rear mount is the same.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
LEB & BGF are one in the same..... I think is a husband and wife set up where he is BGF and she is LEB....I have bought from both and all the stuff comes from the same address in California.

The engine both sell are Chinese made and honestly as to the "Stinger" engines some of the worst out of the box issues and problems I have seen people describe on here have been those Stinger "brand" also china made engines, I'm sure some have been OK but it seems that there have been quite a few major lemons with that Stinger Sticker on them.....

Now as to the large frame mount block I like them as well, I have 4 of them right now, 3 from BGF and 1 from his side kick LEB, they do work great on the Huffy Cranbrook, Karaoke, Good Times, Kulana - Moon Dod...ect. frames, the first engine I bought from BGF almost 2 years ago now is a small mount engine and an it has over 1200 miles on it now and I have another with almost 500 on it and another with around 300 miles on it, with a new one still in the box waiting for a bike....

Best wishes an good luck with all your MB-ing

Peace

brnot

I bought an engine from luckyearlybird on ebay. not sure of the model now as I promptly removed all factory stickers from the engine. I believe my engine actually came from japan ( yes there are japanese engines, look at the stinger). two things I do know. my engine is 68.5cc's. LEB and BGF do sell a lot of the same engines and parts. my bike is a huffy cranbrook 26 inch men's beach cruiser. my engine fits my frame. I did not even have to change the chain ring. my other engines were grubee and did not fit my frame. the front mount is wider and the rear mount is the same.