Cranny build up

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
I sure am taking a long time putting this girl together. Do loads of reading on this site but no matter still have to fit and piece and cuss and do over. I test mounted the engine today and was surprised that it did go in and really had no major changing to do, just used a larger auto muffler clamp and by golly it fit. It is loose in the frame as of now just want to make sure it will all line up , chain etc. and then tighten down. If all goes well, will take it back out and paint the raw metal and so on. This is fun and will get easier as I go and yup plan on many more. Sure glad I ran across this site. laff

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
Welcome to the forum. The Cranbrook is a good first build. I have four motorbikes and I still ride the Cranny more than I do anything else.
I had chain tensioner issues with rubbing the tire and with new rag joint and sprocket cupped out as far as it would go. Got pissed and put a 2"x 26" tire on in place of 2.25 x 26" and all chain-tire issues issues are gone. I really think that back tire is too fat for these motor setups

It's starting its second year and I am working with Joab building a stretch TRUCK bike as a grocery getter (I shop BIG!)

yodar

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
You can do it Phil. Just think how much easier the next one will be....I had so many problems on My first bike I was ready to throw it in the dumpster a bunch of times.