Poll: How many Motorized Bicycles do you own?

GoldenMotor.com

How many Motorized Bicycles do you own?

• 0 Bikes

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 1 Bike

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • 2 Bikes

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • 3 or more Bikes

Votes: 33 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I have 4:
1- China Girl in a 24" frame.
1- GEBE with Robin-Subaru EH035 on a regular 26" 10-speed.
1- BMP Friction Drive with Tanaka PF-4000 on a 24" BMX.
1- DAX Friction Drive with HFT 52cc Auger engine on a 20" BMX.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Poll: How many Motorized Bikes do you own?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. 0 bikes

2. 1 bike

3. 2 bikes

4. 3 or more bikes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just curious as to how many motorized bikes people tend to own, especially when the build a bike bug bites you? So how many MB's do you own? And why if you feel like explaining?

I currently have three MB's ....A daily rider...( Deep Purple )......An OP Roller for sh*ts and giggles ......And a Ridgedale Cruiser that's been built almost to the max....
This way I can hop on a bike for which I feel is right for the day ...

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Only 2 here atm. But, Like a wise man once said; "there's one you work on, one you ride, and your next build in planning" -Dan
That's my situation. I ride my Diamondback w/2.8 hp Tanaka 47R and shift kit.drn2

My 2006 Whizzer w/Ambassador disc brake fork is being worked on.drn2

In the planning stage is my new Kona 29er with twin 4.25 hp GP460 engines.drn2

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Excellent, I'm really looking forward to your Kona build, you must document it for sure. Kona's are great quality and handling bikes, the 29'er is no exception. And twin 46cc CY's......that's borderline crazy ya know?

dnut

That's my situation. I ride my Diamondback w/2.8 hp Tanaka 47R and shift kit.drn2

My 2006 Whizzer w/Ambassador disc brake fork is being worked on.drn2

In the planning stage is my new Kona 29er with twin 4.25 hp GP460 engines.drn2

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
The Kona bike, rims and NuVinci hub have been at the bike shop since December. Man, it's been a long time, but I got to work on my other MB's.
I also picked up a used 29er Diamondback bare frame as a spare.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
This poll is going a little different than expected....seems like the build a bike bug bites most people pretty hard in that most MB owners can't stop at just one, and that's a good thing!

Keep em coming....

dnut

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
I've one running bike with that zündapp engine, and three bikes who are still waiting for a motor....i have also 2 zündapp engines in the rack, but they are in very baaaaad condition. i want a HT....laff

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
2 motorized bikes
1 50cc scooter Passport replica- not yet running
2 non-motored bikes

I didn't pik up what appeared to be a full cruiser outta the trash a couple of weeks ago because I was too tired and can't put anything else in my apartment.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I'm pretty sure that me having more than one MB, with our lack of garage and pitifully small shed, would be cause for much heated discussion between me and my wife.
But, ya know, she happens to own an old Schwinn fat-tire springer-fork cruiser herself. And I did promise to restore hers. I have a feeling she suspects I have designs on motorizing it for her. I'll need to dig through the site for pics on how to safely motorize a woman's bike. I wonder if I could track down an old Bike Bug? Hmmm...

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just build one like this for you and the wife......might need a bigger storage shed however!

laff

URL=http://img192.imageshack.us/i/img1428w.jpg/]
[/URL]

I'm pretty sure that me having more than one MB, with our lack of garage and pitifully small shed, would be cause for much heated discussion between me and my wife.
But, ya know, she happens to own an old Schwinn fat-tire springer-fork cruiser herself. And I did promise to restore hers. I have a feeling she suspects I have designs on motorizing it for her. I'll need to dig through the site for pics on how to safely motorize a woman's bike. I wonder if I could track down an old Bike Bug? Hmmm...

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I motorized a woman's bike. First, I electrified it and got her to 27mph.

Then I installed a Mits TLE43 engine and got her to 32mph.

Then I installed ANOTHER TLE43 engine up front and got the bike up to 39mph.xct2

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I motorized a woman's bike. First, I electrified it and got her to 27mph.

Then I installed a Mits TLE43 engine and got her to 32mph.

Then I installed ANOTHER TLE43 engine up front and got the bike up to 39mph.xct2
The Mitsubishi 43cc is a great little powerplant, there used to be a few nice upgrades for them back when scooters were popular. That was one motor that seemed to benefit nicely using a boost bottle, along with an HP carb, a tuned pipe and a rocket key to advance the timing.

dnut