GT5 Super Rat bogging issues

GoldenMotor.com

kyl 46&2

Apr 12, 2010
MN
now are we talking about the seal where the intake manifold fits into the carb, or the more square one that seals the bottom half of the carb. mine leaks fuel like an S.O.B. . i pulled it apart, checked it over, then cranked it down. still leaks. not the biggest issue, but annoying and messy.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
The seal for the intake...

I have some that don't have a vacuum leak but the still rev like a screaming Banshee and many times no matter what I do I cannot bring the idle down. If I do, just a few minutes of riding it will be back to the same.

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
I still like my method for loose carbs. Drill and tap a small hole through the right side mounting flange and plastic right into the intake. Make darn sure the carb is all the way on and straight when you drill the hole. locktight and seal a short bolt that just goes into the intake. Now the OEM bolt is just for a seal and your new bolt holds the carb from ever moving to create a leak. Been working so far on three bikes.

If there is gas all the way up past the bowl gasket I think the float is to high or the needle and seat is not sealing

kyl 46&2

Apr 12, 2010
MN
first run with the carb sealed up with the RTV went well. couldn't stay out to long though. to darn cold outside to keep riding.

Alson333

Nov 9, 2011
Kankakee Illinois
I found out about the idea reving high, anyway I had a CNS carb not the V-2 one anyway the needle was tapered, so I got a needle out of a NT carb and put it in the CNS carb got rid of the high idealrmfla

Alson333

Nov 9, 2011
Kankakee Illinois
My buddy lost a lot of power, it doesent rev as high now, he thinks its the CDI, his kill switch didnt work all the time and now lost alot of power. The CDIs are sold out at Gas bike, he tryed all kinds of things to improve it but no luck, did anyone have this same problem.wee.