Spooky Tooth Cycles Closed untill further notice

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 7, 2008
Omaha,NE
What about starting a pool, to buy spooky tooth and open it as a bike collective 501c style? if at all possible? Seriously these guys have been here since the beginning maybe we should all do something about it.

matu421

Feb 21, 2011
usa
i just found out via curiosity, while trying to get parts. does any one know where to get replacement gaskets for the 48cc motor that comes on spookytooth bikes?? its obviously a china motor so i would think there are other suppliers, right?

thanks for any help!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
I just got this email:

Hi, this is Roland, owner and founder of Spooky Tooth Cycles. After 7 years of innovation and growth, I feel that my time is complete as manager of one of the most unique businesses I have ever known. I have loved all the time and stories people have shared through the years. Spooky Tooth promotes environmental responsibility and strives to remain at the forefront of motorized bicycling for both inventiveness and customer support. I am leaving the business highly profitable and in good standing. My wish is to hand Spooky Tooth to someone willing to continue the exploration of motorized bicycling technology.

My requests are minimal and might be seen as a great value to someone with a little business savvy. I would like to simply pull out the equity that has been invested in the business.

Our current assets include:

* SpookyToothCycles.com, a profitable, established website appraised at $30,000
* Current inventory retailing at $75,513 or $37,756 wholesale
* Office computers - $1100
* Machine Tools - $246 0
* Business and office solutions - $4550
* Established Wholesale Accounts
* Robin Subaru EHO35 Timing Belt Transfer Case Prototype and Design Drawings - $25,000
* Information Products, specifically a set of "How-to" instructional e-docs that describe building, maintenance, and customization procedures

The combined asking price for all of the above is $75,000.

We are a 99% web based business with excellent organic search rankings. Aside from minimal paid promotion on the motorized bicycle forums, we do not spend any money on search engine advertising.

If you or someone you know is interested in all or part of the above mentioned assets, please reply back to this email.

For a retrospective picture gallery of our last 7 years including the Electric Bicycle Rental in Bisbee, AZ, click here.

Thank you for supporting our efforts in transportation. Ride safe.

Cheers, Roland

Spooky Tooth Cycles
1 Cochise Row
Bisbee, AZ 85603
Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes - Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes
YouTube - Spooky Tooth Honda Nomad Motorized Bicycle Adventure

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I just got this email:

Hi, this is Roland, owner and founder of Spooky Tooth Cycles. After 7 years of innovation and growth, I feel that my time is complete as manager of one of the most unique businesses I have ever known. I have loved all the time and stories people have shared through the years. Spooky Tooth promotes environmental responsibility and strives to remain at the forefront of motorized bicycling for both inventiveness and customer support. I am leaving the business highly profitable and in good standing. My wish is to hand Spooky Tooth to someone willing to continue the exploration of motorized bicycling technology.

My requests are minimal and might be seen as a great value to someone with a little business savvy. I would like to simply pull out the equity that has been invested in the business.

Our current assets include:

* SpookyToothCycles.com, a profitable, established website appraised at $30,000
* Current inventory retailing at $75,513 or $37,756 wholesale
* Office computers - $1100
* Machine Tools - $246 0
* Business and office solutions - $4550
* Established Wholesale Accounts
* Robin Subaru EHO35 Timing Belt Transfer Case Prototype and Design Drawings - $25,000
* Information Products, specifically a set of "How-to" instructional e-docs that describe building, maintenance, and customization procedures

The combined asking price for all of the above is $75,000.

We are a 99% web based business with excellent organic search rankings. Aside from minimal paid promotion on the motorized bicycle forums, we do not spend any money on search engine advertising.

If you or someone you know is interested in all or part of the above mentioned assets, please reply back to this email.

For a retrospective picture gallery of our last 7 years including the Electric Bicycle Rental in Bisbee, AZ, click here.

Thank you for supporting our efforts in transportation. Ride safe.

Cheers, Roland

Spooky Tooth Cycles
1 Cochise Row
Bisbee, AZ 85603
Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes - Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes
YouTube - Spooky Tooth Honda Nomad Motorized Bicycle Adventure
Thank you for posting that MaxPower very cool

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I got that email too. Let's all hope that somebody with enough funds and interest, and somebody who's as into the hobby as we are, finds out about this opportunity.

Gee, how do you replace Roland?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I got it too....wish I had $75K kickin around, I think it's a pretty good investment no matter what. Roland will surely be missed and I hope all the best for him!

Cheers Bro,
scotto-

dnut

longrider.scott

Nov 8, 2010
California
It's sad to know that Spooky Tooth is gone. But it's even sadder to know that Bike Berry bought them. I don't think they know how to run a company the way Spooky Tooth did. They are trying but they are way off the mark.
The one thing I want to know is when will all the products Spooky Tooth sold become available? I purchased and installed the "Pineapple" sprocket mounting on my bike and it was easy, clean, and true.