Need help with first build

GoldenMotor.com

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I just had my truck go out on me and I don't have the financials to fix it. So I decided I would take some of my spare bikes and a 21cc Weed Eater engine to get me some transportation till I work things out on the truck. So I would like to know if anyone had any advice, tips or even some great basic plans that work. I don't have any real machining tools so I am limited there.

and I have just about 2 days to get this built.(c)

Anything would really be appreciated, Thank You.

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
hi; we will try, but until then, go to search. a hint you may use angle iron fron bed frames at goodwill. and for wheel maybe a skateboard. good luck-- alot of guys with pickups will give a lift if you thumb with a bike-it shows you are trying.

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
hi; we will try, but until then, go to search. a hint you may use angle iron fron bed frames at goodwill. and for wheel maybe a skateboard. good luck-- alot of guys with pickups will give a lift if you thumb with a bike-it shows you are trying.
Oh thank you, I may have one of my old ones skateboards around.

I have kinda worked out the idea of building one last year but I just let the year slip by too fast. I do have a spare 6 inch lawn mower wheel but I figured that was too big.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I'm sorry, but two days would be pushing a ground up build unless you are very imaginative.

How about mounting the weedeater so the string head runs on the sidewall of the rear tire? Rig up a throttle mounted to the handlebars and off you go.

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Ok, I think I may of worked out my basic design. Let me know what you think.

I will have my Engine support built with 2x4 I have cut to fit how I need, I will have some chicken fencing over the Engine to keep it from moving around....I will then run a friction Drive by attaching a bike peg I have to the Engine. I have worked out my Throttle, and Kill switch locations.....So how bad is that?

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I can't wait to see a picture of it. That should be a very unigue build. I did see a bike somewhere that had a prop on a weedeater and used a prop drive. Looked like a good way to get a head chopped off though...............

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Arg...Getting the wrong bolt ruined my day...dang it.

Now my build all rest the Bike Peg working correctly

Does anyone have any pointers for attaching the bike peg to the Weed Eater?

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
You Need Deacon!!! He is the man or should I say the Macgyver of motorized bicycles especially if you have a weed whacker motor, but you will need, several 1/2 filled rattle cans of paint, duct tape, some sulfur and a compass. (c) Walter F.