New life for old bike.

GoldenMotor.com

Geoinvt

Apr 14, 2014
Vermont
IMG_000006702.jpg

Hello to all from northern Vermont. Recently finished the above and thought I'd post a picture. Picked the bike up at a yard sale for $30. It wasn't pretty, but it was all there. The bike got a full overhaul before the build. She's now finished and working great.

Geoinvt

Geoinvt

Apr 14, 2014
Vermont
New life for old bike cont'd.

IMG_00000670B.jpg
Here's a slightly larger picture. FYI - I almost tossed the rotted seat the bike came with but then decided to recover it instead. This well stuffed seat is now covered in leather from an old horse saddle and, incredibly comfortable.

BTW - for anyone concerned with noise... the exhaust was wrapped and extended back to the rear wheel. A small $4.- mower muffler from Tractor Supply was added to the end. Lastly, I sprung for the noise deadening liners for the engine covers. The bike is amazingly quiet with no loss of performance.
Best,
Geo in VT

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Re: New life for old bike cont'd.

Just to give you a heads up on this. Read the stickies. The moderators frown on multiple treads on the same subject. Looks like you doing a good job.

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
Nice seat, Geo. Saddle leather was a good choice.

Had to reupholster my latest creation's seat, too. Luckily, the material and padding was still useable. Glad I got to keep the big embossed Mongoose on there.