Busfella in this camp!

GoldenMotor.com

Busfella

Apr 18, 2014
Fort Worth
Hello from Fort Worth! Went to buy a VW bus and got hooked on a new hobby. Bought a handmade bike and wanting more. Had to join yalls club. :)

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I was a proud owner of 2 VW campers back in the day. These little engines remind me of all the VW fun I had. I'd love to see a John Muiresque guide to keeping your HT alive.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You made the right choice. Motorized bicycles are lots more fun, cheaper and more unique that a VW bus. I think you're going to like it here.
Have fun and show us some pictures of your bike.

Tom

Busfella

Apr 18, 2014
Fort Worth
Whew! I've been looking and looking and looking at the threads on the forum! I am about to buy a completed bike but already wanna build another from scratch. I'm a metal fabricator and have a nice stash of tools. I have a CNC plasma cutter and family with a huge machine shop. They have 39 CNCs, EDM machines,brakes and on and on. I have to say I've seen real artists on this site. Guys in regular garages that are blowing my mind! I'm leaning towards the board tracker bikes. I'm stuck between an original motor from the teens or 20s. I know some will disagree,but I'm just not into China made products. I really can't decide on a motor. I'll build around it. Just cant decide. I have a few ideas on wheels and frame shape. I'll make my own tank. I'm planning on nickel plating, copper lines,etc..... Can't wait to get started. Any guys around Fort Worth Texas?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Wow, as soon as I read about the family business I started coming up with all kind of ideas that could be made/improved for our engine. Something as simple as shaving a head to increase compression will be easy, I work with a guy that builds dirt track engine heads that shaved my last head for $10. The first I used the sandpaper on a true flat surface trick.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Mine are Chinese kit engines, they are more durable than you think. The first engine I bought is a 2010 grubee 48cc that has over 1500 miles on it, I currently have it apart doing some porting and piston mods. The piston and cylinder show very little wear, as cheap as they are some are pretty good.