New biker in ID

GoldenMotor.com

JKershner

Mar 1, 2014
Idaho
I just ordered a skyhawk 66/80cc engine from gasbike.com. Just wondering if anybody has experience with this model regarding to assembly or anything? Also, any suggestions on accessories I should consider for the engine itself. Trying to keep off the radar so to speak so already ordered head/break/turn signals as well as mirrors and such since I've already read cops have been a bit picky around the Boise area. Thanks in advance

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard.

What you've bought there is a very common kit. You'll find folks here who are familiar with it and who'll be able to offer advice when you have trouble.

As far as accessories are concerned the best advice I've seen here boils down to 'leave it stock' until you've mastered it. Until you've come to understand the engine and drive trains strengths and weaknesses and can maintain your bike by yourself. The good news; it's not all that hard.

Brake lights and turn signals aren't going to hurt, by any means. But most of us have no trouble with the police simply by riding as though we're sober grownups. That seems to be all that law enforcement asks of us.

Have fun.

waldo11

Mar 10, 2013
bucks co
Welcome to the most addictive hobby around.You have found the best forum and the best group of people available,ride safe and watch out for the other guy.

JKershner

Mar 1, 2014
Idaho
Well, I wouldn't quite go that far...at least not yet, my main hobby is in computers as I get to test/review all the newest components, some before they even become available. Just anxiously waiting for everything to show up though.