Fuel Petcock problem

GoldenMotor.com

hughmunbeane

Jun 3, 2013
Ontario, Canada
HI People,
My fuel switch fell apart and now doesn't work properly. It's from a TOMOS ST 2007.
There must be a rubber spacer or something to keep the switch arm seated to the bottom where the selections are (C,Open,R). Would there be an exploded diagram that someone knows about ?

Thanks,
Hugh

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
there is a round, neoprene disk in there with 3 or 4 holes - also there is a thin spring that looks like a washer that presses everything together

very simple

take your old one to a honda shop & they will probably have a neoprene disk that will work

hughmunbeane

Jun 3, 2013
Ontario, Canada
there is a round, neoprene disk in there with 3 or 4 holes - also there is a thin spring that looks like a washer that presses everything together

very simple

take your old one to a honda shop & they will probably have a neoprene disk that will work
The neoprene disk is there and there's a circlip on the shaft, but there's like a half inch play in the shaft back & forth.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
haven't seen one exactly like that before - looks like the fastener on that shaft should slide all the way down to the circlip & thread into the body of the petcock

on the end of that shaft, the circlip *should* be pushing a metal disk that will allow fuel to flow thru one of the holes, or neither depending on which way the handle is pointing - usually, there is also a springy washer that sits between the metal disk & the threaded part on the shaft

EDIT: a quick search shows these may be hard to find - you might consider putting a cheap after market petcock on

Last edited:

hughmunbeane

Jun 3, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thanks, Crassius

The shaft has a channel cut in it that I think diverts the flow to the correct out, but I think I must have lost the tensioning spring when it blew apart. I imagine I can pickup an after market petcock somewhere local.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
You are missing the piece that fits onto the end of the control shaft. This is why there is now alot of in and out play of the shaft.
I have seen them made of white plastic as well as pot metal.
It will be round and the same size as the 3 holed rubber washer.
On the back side it will have a "C" shaped channel on the face of it that contacts the rubber 3 hole washer.
On the front side it will have a hole with a raised bar going from one side to the other that the slot on the end of the control shaft locates into.
You are also missing a cone shaped spring (sometimes they are a wavy spring instead) that presses the missing piece snugly against the rubber 3 hole washer.

Treatland may sell an entire fuel valve if you just want to replace it instead of repairing it. You gotta hunt for it yourself though.
Look here: http://www.treatland.tv/
Click on the tiny treatland.tv button on the home page.
Go to the "find by parts" window and click on the down arrow on the right side of it.
Click on the petcock section.

Happy hunting!

Last edited: