Hello from Ga.

GoldenMotor.com

denro

Nov 20, 2013
Georgia, USA
Hi, I'm a newbe here. Looks like a cool site. I just finished my mountain bike with a motor. It took me a couple of days to complete.( I took my time about it)
I'll post a pic of it later today. Also I'm going to build another one. I am wondering what is the best kit to buy and where to buy it from. The kit i just finished says power something on the instruction manual. I bought it off craigslist. So I'm not sure how good it is. But i like it. Thanks in advance for any input here. dance1

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hello denro and welcome to our motorized bicycle community. I took more then a few days my first build. when they start up that's when it really feels good.

denro

Nov 20, 2013
Georgia, USA
Thanks Paul, I'm putting moneys in my paypal now so I can get one of those cool shirts off EbAy. I'm gonna be ordering a 2X, so you can set one of those aside for me :)

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
As for what is best kit that's like asking what's the best motorcycle. There's 3 building philosophies:

1) Spend the money for a quality kit from the start. Around $600+ for a kit.

2) Buy a cheap kit then spend the money to rebuild and upgrade it.

3) Buy a cheap kit ride it till it blows then buy another cheap kit.

So it can be a matter of personal preference as to what one considers best.

denro

Nov 20, 2013
Georgia, USA
Hey, thanks for the advice...I was definately talking about along the lines of the $600 kit. I see them here and there online but not sure about the name brands...I'd hate to get an expensive kit that's a cheapo. I have a cheap kit on my bike now. But i'd like to build another bike but a quality one. Thanks for replying.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I personally use Staton Inc. I've got over 5000 miles on it with no problems so far. EZ Motorbikes sells good kits and so does Golden Eagle Bicycle Engines. There's others also I'm sure some of the others will recommend some too.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Denro. We're glad you've joined our ranks. You'll get lots of opinions on 'the best kit'. People usually suggest whatever they have had good luck with. Persoanlly I feel that the $600. price tag is on the high side. I've never spent that on any kit and I have thousands of miles on the ones I've bought for less that $200. Do some research and look at the many alternatives to choose from and consider what you're looking for in a motorized bicycle. Novelty, occasional fun ride, daily transportation? It all depends on your expectations as to how much to invest in the project.

What part of the 'Peach State' are you in? I spent some time in Valdosta back in the 60s. Beautiful country, for sure.

Tom