Can't adjust carburetor right??

GoldenMotor.com

fogell420

Oct 14, 2012
Portland Oregon
I have a 2 stroke motor with an NT high speed carburetor.
I can't adjust this thing right.
I've tried adjusting the c-clip on every one of the notches on the jet needle.
Still doesn't work right. It'll go about 10 miles an hour and if I try accelerating it all the way it just decelerates more!

Also, I don't know if this is a problem, but I can't get the idle just right. If I keep revving it it'll idle, but if I don't touch it, it'll turn off. I can't push the idle screw in all the way because it knocks into the slide and pushes it up. I took a video to show what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDuXU01DsRw&feature=youtu.be

can anyone help me? :-||

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
You dont push the idle screw in all the way, and thats your problem. It should be between 3&1/2 to 4&1/2 turns out. With it turned in all the way, you turn it out a quarter turn at a time until its 3&1/2 turns out. Take it for a quick spin, once it starts running normal, pull the clutch lever in and lock it and come to a stop. If the idle sounds too high, turn it out another quarter turn at a time until it sounds right.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
The screw is SUPPOSSED to move the slide up and down- it is NOT supposed to be screwed in all the way. The idles is set by how far you screw the screw in and how far the slide is left UP- all the way down leaves NO GAS coming through...

you may have an air leak into the carb otherwise- recommended solution- rubber O ring into carb openiing- See "Sick bikes" or Piston Bikes I think have them.

What kind of intake? Stock? A billet intake usually relieves all bogging problems otherwise unless the motor is too tilted, because it's a straight horizontal shot instead of the sloping stock intakes. See Pirates or Piston Bikes I think both have.

fogell420

Oct 14, 2012
Portland Oregon
The idle screw isnt screwed in all the way. thats what I said, it pushes the slide up and leaves too much of a gap. the idle screw is about 4 turns out and i have the problem like that

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
it sounds like a fuel flow issue have you tried running it with the gas cap loose?
that or a air leak at the carb/manifold seal i use RVT black there for a 100% seal