Space Shuttle Endeavour fly over

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
The Space Shuttle Endeavour flew over Tucson today piggybacking on a 747, from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida to its final destination; the California Science Center in Los Angeles.

What a sight!

.flg.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've never had the chance to see that. I've seen it on the news but I would dearly love to see it, just once.
Thanks for sharing Dave.

Tom

ProMcCown

Mar 21, 2012
California
Wow to be able to see that is something I'd never forget. That picture might worth some money someday lol. PawnStars season 1324353.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
That's awesome, Dave! There's something almost magical about seeing those big planes fly low.

Back when I was a kid in San Jose, Almaden AFS was in the process of being shut down. I saw B-52s and Chinooks and all other kinds of aircraft fly low over my neighborhood all the time. Didn't matter what cartoon I was watching, when the whole house started shaking and I heard the rumble outside, I had to run out and see. To this day the B-52 is my favorite big plane :D

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Oh man, that is so cool! I have always loved huge planes flying over.

Like Aleman, we used to have those B-52's fly over and sometimes at tree top level. Many a time as I was out hiking in the woods, I'd hear a strange sound at first and as those jet engines became clearer the woods seemed to vibrate and bask in that sound. Then that plane would finally fly over and talk about LOUD!! So cool! Those things were always up in the sky back then.

I'm with Aleman....B-52's are the coolest planes out there!

.flg.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Does anyone know if the pull the engines out of the shuttle when they piggy-back it?
It looks like they install some type of aerodynamic fairings over the nozzles, or they aren't there.

Tom

Last edited: