must see homemade motorcycle

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I like the rusty front rotor. Either he doesn't ride it or the front brakes don't work. If I had to guess I'd say it doesn't get ridden much. I can see why. :(

Tom

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
That thing gives me the willies! I must be vain by comparison, but any bike I ride has to look nice as well as be functional. This heap is a nightmare. Perhaps it was intended to be scary-looking. I dunno.

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
I have had the idea of taking a 4 cyl transverse mounted drive train and making a trike out of it for over ten years. I may even do it someday.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have had the idea of taking a 4 cyl transverse mounted drive train and making a trike out of it for over ten years. I may even do it someday.
There was exactly that creation that came to a shop I worked at. He would show up every few months or so. It had a Chevy Geo Metro / Suzuki Swift with an auto tranny. Sorta looked bulky, but he was happy with it.
Nowadays I would like to try one with Mitsubishi Evo or similar powerplant.

Another fellow was building a trike with a Buick V6 powerplant. He took the whole engine with subframe out of a junkyard special and built a trike chassis around it. I never saw that one finished though.