Ordered a cen clutch and wider pedals
But I was curious on the width of the new clutch compared to the stock cover

Just wondering if I can bend my pedals enough so I could return the wider set
right now I have 1/2 inch if pedals are straight up next to clutch cover

From pics looks like new cover may be 1 inch wider then stock

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
There's no need for rudeness over such a minor technicality, as obv you can't (or rather shouldn't) bend the "pedals" it's obvious "pedal crank arms" is what was meant. Continuing insults & conflict will result in staff intervention.

BTW - while folks have and do bend the arms, I'd reco against it, or at least I wouldn't do it myself & just stick with the wider crank set as even the tiniest bit of variance in the arms (or pedals for that matter) will result in a weird wobble feeling while pedaling... but that's jus' a preference.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I agree, no need to nit-pick or be rude about it, I think we all understand he would be bending the crank not the pedal....
At any rate, I have heard of people bending cranks to fit in motors and I think that is just a crazy idea. When I was a kid I let an idiot ride my bike once that didn't know to stop pedaling when he took a sharp turn, the pedal hit the ground and bent. (even worse I got to watch him do it! Never again have I let someone ride my bike!) From that day I couldn't tolerate riding a bike with a bent pedal or crank, it just drives me nuts, I can't imagine doing that on purpose!
Unfortunately I do not have the answer to your question, which is, "How wide is the centrifugal clutch compared to a regular one". Hopefully someone that owns one will chime in and help you. All I can say is if your cranks dont clear I suggest you buy a wide crank set rather than trying to bend what you have...
Good luck with whater you decide to do.......

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
I guess I will find out the answer myself as the parts are coming tomorrow

if its only a touch I may bend my "**CRANKS**" myself but I did order the wider ones at the same time. But I have no problems returning them if not needed

I saw a video and it doesnt look to stick out much further but its hard to judge. MY engine sits much lower in the video
Im guessing 1 inch where I think im about 1/2 away
Since they are steel maybe I can bend a little I will have to see

The new ones are chrome, where my stock ones are black and I kind of like the black look