Prime, Choke; Chinese engine start?

GoldenMotor.com

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
Walk beside and bump start my bike. just a shade off of full throttle and ten feet tops for first start....2 ft and bump the clutch...idles forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bicycle Motor Fun

Sep 17, 2011
Warren, Michigan
Hello WM; Your method of starting your bike would not work for me! While on the bike on my gravel/dirt road, and I don't get up to a good rolling speed before I release the clutch, the rear tire will skid! This little 66cc engine has a lot of compression! Sometimes, I have to drop myself down on the seat as I engage the clutch to start turning the engine over. Once the engine is turning over, I can stand up on the pedals and really get to it! I would like to see a larger spark at the spark plug, however. I have a new spark plug wire and cap and I will try it the next week when I get up to the farm where the bike is, 70 miles from my home. Thanks guys.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My MB starting procedure is rather simple. First I choke a chicken while blindfolded. Then chop the chickens head off, and dance backwards around in a circle while hopping on one leg, followed by vigorous sex with a 19 year old virgin.

So far this hasn't actually helped at getting my MB started, but I keep doing it anyway because, I like the eat chicken.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
even in -30 canadian winter this always works for me:

i start by pulling the throttle cable right above the carb, i pull it out just enough that the throttle line catches the adjuster and holds my bike at about half throttle. then i put the choke to full, i pull the clutch in, lift the back of my bike and kick my left pedal with my right foot. as i kick i let the clutch out. usually it takes 2 or three tries in the cold, but it will catch and rev up. i will then immediately put the choke to half and unclip the throttle cable, i turn my idle way up and let the engine idle for a few minutes, then i put the choke down and ride away!