Has this been done yet?

GoldenMotor.com

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Has anyone built a front wheel pedal motorized bike yet? I am putting 20 inch wheels an a 26 inch frame and keeping the pedals from hitting the ground I ran across this design. It is quick easy build so I should have it going be this weekend, but I was wondering if anybody has tried it and how it handles. The peddle version has complaints about wobbly steering while peddleing, but with a motor I doubt it will be a problem.

Attachments

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
not trying to hijack your thread , but how the heck do you stop that thing with only front brakes , without flying over the handle bars ???

front drive recumbent are the new in thing , they have a more efficient and reliable drive , but dose have the wobbly pedaling interference to contend with ...

man i can't wait to see it built , it will be different for sure ....

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
From what I imagine, the key components will be the seat, as well as the steering..weld

scratg

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Seat and brakes I have figured out from my previous build that I have abandon due to the fact it was getting to complicated and it was "sketchy" at best when in motion. I am actually debating a coaster brake on the front just for fun.