Dax? F80 Super duty 60cc?

GoldenMotor.com

SupaBaked

May 8, 2011
San Francisco
I searched 3 pages and couldn't find a quality controll thread on Fax. Nor the F80 60cc super duty. Are their engines worth the extra money? I need reliability. I want to make an everyday commute bike. Would you recommend their engines? I live in San Francisco with lots of hills as well. Thanx..xx.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I searched 3 pages and couldn't find a quality controll thread on Fax. Nor the F80 60cc super duty. Are their engines worth the extra money? I need reliability. I want to make an everyday commute bike. Would you recommend their engines? I live in San Francisco with lots of hills as well. Thanx..xx.
Fax??? You mean Dax?
Not worth the extra money as the only thing that is
super duty is the name and the price. lol
You missed this recent thread
http://motorbicycling.com/f4/thats-dax-f80-premium-engine-kit-29183.html

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i agree. it's $100 more than the exact engines found elsewhere.

i've never had any (business) dealings with DAX, but other's here claim he's got excellent customer service. but for 100 bucks extra, i'd want him to come to my house and fix it for me.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Morinis are italian, great motors but you have to fab all your own mounts and exhaust, Id go with a rack mounted robin subaru or honda, you could go to the moon and back on one of those without breaking down

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
ive gotten stuff from dax......the difference in the kits he sells is this.......i got a reg f50 kit.....paid the little bit extra......

i got a big ole 415 chain instead of the reg
i got a burly sprocket instead of the paper thin one
i got a better muffler the the reg black on...mine is chrome and works a little better...sounds better too
the throttle was a little better in quality
my petcock dosent leak
and a ball bearing tensioner in stead of the reg
and bearings top and bottom

it still came with the crappy hardware and junk fuel line...but everything else was worth it......i also live right by thatsdax so it ment i didnt have to wait...the last part is pretty specific to my situation...but i hope the rest helps

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
yep i have a few bikes in the works...all the parts that i can get from dax i will be...actually need to go order a couple more jugs and stuff for some porting expeirements.....and i mean really...whats a few extra bucks to get really great service....i spent a little while hanging out admiring a couple projects that he had going on as he literally walked someone through a large chunk of an install..... but yes definetley ill be buying my next motors etc from thats dax