worksman clearance?

GoldenMotor.com

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
my chains rubbing the rear forks and doing some serious damage it's actually started eating some grooves in too the steel tubing and iv'e only ridden the bike about 4 miles.

does anyone else have these issues with a worksman? i can take some pictures tomorrow but it's hard to see with my eyes, don't see it showing up well in the pictures.

i'm thinking maybe if i flip my sprocket it will give me the clearance but if its not going to help or potentially make it worse i'd rather not do it until i have some input from some other people who have worked with the INB frame n worksman wheels.

thanks.

[email protected]

Jan 7, 2011
california
Re: worksman clearance?have anwser to your problem

Mock-up of my new tank

The answer to your problem...I didn't use the whole chain tensioner. I just bolted the wheel to the back piece, but I had two. You may need to just cut half of the chain tensioner off so it is about half the heighth. In doing so, you can slide it back much further where the frame is wider. My bike runs great and no rub.

Just two tanks I fab'd up a couple days ago.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
it's rubbing both my top and bottom fork, so looks like i'll be flipping my sprocket, gonna be a real pain in the rear i can tell, but you said yours is working fine so i guess i'll do it. according to my kits manual it will be backwards but oh well.

thanks for the tip.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
You know lots of us gave you advice sorry you are having this luck. I never had a set of these wheels they must be fairly wider than I though? Cb-110 right?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
If it is hitting the chain and seat stays and the teeth are too the inside (the spokes) would a couple washers on the large sproket side space the stays away from the chain and all you would have to do is re-set the chain idler to the proper place and angle

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
yeah goat they're real wide, i had to buy longer bolts just to get the sprocket on, the ones that came with the kit simply weren't long enough. and yeah cb-110 shimano hub if i remember correctly.if not exactly that model it was a similar one.

not gonna lie i didn't expect it to be this hard and probably not a great first build to get a footing, but practice makes perfect.

@corgi i'm not running an idler, the chain was too loose to use one originally, cut out a single link and suddenly it was to short to use an idler. but like i said i did ride it a bit, so the chains a bit looser now.

since its hitting both the top and bottom arms i don't think theirs an real easy solution, undoing, hammering out the plates, flipping the sprocket and then tightening everything down again seems like my only option.

[email protected]

Jan 7, 2011
california
sprocket in ajust tire so it just bearly clears using the chain ten. on back of frame or go to pirate cycles they sell a plug and play adapter shippment just came in made just for the inb worksman with custom sprocket mine is on its way 40 toothwith adapter but i still like quick fix while i wait 3 days so i can ride
sincerley peddling my way to insanity ;)

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
blah having the same problem i had before with the tensioner, top will be tight, bottom not too tight but not super loose either, move it an inch and suddenly both sides of the chain are rubbing.