The infidel

GoldenMotor.com

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
This is my build thread on my once orange Gary Fischer ive sanded her all down cleaned and re cleaned the frame .

figure it helps if i tell the story of my glorius four stroke i bought the bike and kit long ago got it working rode it around for awhile then bam my trani goes then a week later my engine blows luckly in the driveway well it was fall so i just waited for winter to be over and was gona just try again.
got my toyota so forgot about bikes then my freind at work sales me a 33cc to stroker golden eagle bike kit 100 bones and bam im a junkie hooked again.

datz 510 has the same bike as me and gave me a lot of inspiration to do a real nice job on mine .

Im going to paint the bike tan with the good ol rattle can have already painted the handle bars and fan shroud . only two colors i plan to have are black and tan with as little chrome as possible .

shoulda took a before and after but heres a pic halfway through sanding .

heres my rear bike rack with 2 50 cal ammo cans mounted to the side now these cans hold a great amount of stuff and were easy to mount just used some cable tie bolts and the same bolts worked great for a lock.

i was able to keep a motorcycle battery to light a nice little fog light and all the needed tools for your bike locked up in one in the other i kept my cable and lock for the bike . now this was a great setup but ultimately i feel that the bike rack i used wasnt industrial enough for the cans i think i may switch to some 7.62 mm cans about half as wide as the 50 cal cans should still be able to hold everything i need .

1. plan to do a under the rack gas tank of pvc with infidel on it in black lettering or possibly H.W.N.N (horse with no name ) saw a thread on it realy like the look of it all . tanks should be about 4 inch round 9 inch long .

2.change out the 50 cal to a 7.62 can may put a colapsable basket on one side (just sitting in the garage )

3.mount the 4g 80 10 kit from bicyle-engines.com one of the better deals on the kits out their

4.?(always room for more ).flg.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Looking great so far!

".....forgot about bikes then my freind at work sales me a 33cc to stroker golden eagle bike kit 100 bones and bam im a junkie hooked again." LOL, cracked me up

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Colorado is getting more and more members everyday. There are lots more out there that are unknown cause they don't know about us or prefer to ride solo. However, there is a group of riders up in Denver that get together once a month for a big meet/greet/ride along beautiful tree lined bike trails and city streets, and we always stop for lunch. Always pay attention to the Events section under Denver Area Rides the thread is always updated and these events take place no matter what. Look at our previous ride threads and come join the pack for cruise when your bike is complete.

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
just g0t some painting done today came out petty nice heres the results

pvc gas tank

\

munted on my bike rack you can see i took my 50 cal ammo can saddle bags will put on some 7.62 ammo can later on just cause thier thinner just a prefernce thing

and my puppy dakota

the only thing i will leave chrome my 35 watt fog light i got from autzone that i will keep juiced on a motorcyle battery used it before good results plenty bright enough gives me a little under 2 hours of run time before it starts dimming

still need to get my engine and trans probaly in november till then little preping and tweaking for the big day

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

just some new pics of the bike as it sits now .

was a little worried about the gas tank level but after some measureing looks lke my tank will be about 2 inches higher than the carb

the third pic is some handlebar bottle mounts that the local bike shop has for about 5 bucks cant beat that and no drilling needed just clamped right up realy good since nearly all of or engines go were the orignal mounts were

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

well while they piggy bank fattens up i had some left over pipe from the gas tank and vola the infidel can launch some spuds (spuds to pricey papertowels covered in ductape much cheper)

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

wanna put my golden eagle on this may not look like alot but the frames real strong its full suspension ive got some donor parts to fix it up just need to get a front wheel that will take a disc brake shouldnt be to hard .

the crusier althougth great for road use is just miserable on any slightly unpaved road .

looks like bicyle-engines.com decided to take a four day weekend orderd friday at 1 am still order shows up as pending still hopefully thursday then .

side note one of the nurses i work with has a bike trailer that he was gona use as a game carrier so its just a striped down no thrills trailer but hey free is fee and it will work for my needs . gives me something to tinker with while i wait . for bicyle-engines.com long weekend to end . .shft.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
heres my new exhaust 12 bones at the local hardware store its meant for a hot water heater but its flexible and slides over the stock exhaust tubeing perfectly goes on nice and snug .

think i will sand it and paint it with high temp black grill paint the shiny copper relay dosent go with the build

just read about a new trick you can heat one part up and frezze the other so you can slide them onto each other then they will cool/warm off and be put together nice and solid

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
new trailer cost free nurse at work gave it to me was going to use for a game carrier so its no thrills saves me the trouble of stripping it down going to paint it flat tan

i think i may put a piece of plywood on the bottom with a couple of 40mm ammo cans in it i plan to only use it for long rides or for some grocey store runs any sugestions on what to do with it ?

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/andrewflores17/IMAG0060.jpg

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
a couple pics of the finished exhaust the outlet is slightly smaller just the way i wanted it no 4g yet but the bike sounds great when i fire it up and keeps all the fumes away.trk from me

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
i think i may put a piece of plywood on the bottom with a couple of 40mm ammo cans in it i plan to only use it for long rides or for some grocey store runs any sugestions on what to do with it ?
We have a small trailer as well, similar but a little shorter I think. Already got the plywood sheet cut and sealed ready to be fastened on. My wife's back-up plan to job hunting is to use it to carry a push mower and various yard-work tools and see how many lawns per week she can handle. In the better weather we're looking forward to taking it and the bikes grocery shopping, and out to some of the parks etc. Her bike will be the one pulling, since it's got the 48T sprocket (as opposed to my 36T) for a bit more torque. It's very good at hill climbing, so it should have no trouble with the little trailer.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
saying the 4g kit is plug and play would be a complete lie first had to grind the bolts down then said to **** with it and just got some allen bolts some unknown reason where the sprocket of the 4g meets with my chain is about a half inch to close to the frame and my engines as far as it will go over in the mount plate so i will have to grind or drill my exta room out taping out for tonight on working on it probaly hit it up again monday my next day off of work .

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
ordered a ten tooth output shaft should be just short enough to give me the wigle rooom i need if it works will have a 12 tooth output shaft to help collect some of that dust in my garage or i will give it to anyone if it dosent work .

heres the dimesions for 25 mm ammo cans 14"L x 5"W x 14 1/2"H
40mm ammo can Length 17 1/4 inches x Width 5 1/2 inches x Height 9 1/2 inches

ive used both before for placeing in the bed of my truck to hold snow chains tools etc and even used one as a center console

very versitale and easy to make locks for and watertight definatly need two to haul around in the trailer .