Beach Cruiser, Coaster Brake installation help!

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
This is my Karaoke that I have 705 miles on now, I did pack bearing with extremely high grade High Tack $32 a tube industrial grease, and I put a 36T sprocket on the cranks but other than that the bike is still just as it came from Amazon.com for $103.

I guess the cheap bikes are kinda like the cheap china girl engine kits, they're a crap shoot, you may get one that holds up real nice or one that is a lemon from the get go, seems I lucked out so far and got a good one....Hope I didn't just HEX myself for stating that...LOL!

Mine really takes a beating too, most miles are on fairly rough dirt road and most trips to town I make have been 20-25mile round trip rides at WOT most of the way, so it takes a beating on the road and has dealt real good with the engine vibes, been a real good bike so far.

Peace, Map

Mick5s

Mar 14, 2012
Connecticut
Then I guess I just got a Karaoke lemon! I am debating weather to put my trust into another Huffy, or get another bike.

After all, every Huffy beach cruiser is exactly the same frame but with different paint and accessories.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
There are for sure many other bikes that are better than the huffy frames, but in my opinion if it's made in China you always have a chance of getting a lemon no matter what.

And yes you are right about the frames pretty much being the same, there are a couple variations like the Panama Jack frame but I guess thats about it.

The bike I have the most confidence in is my American made Murry/Roadmaster MTB frame, it's quite a bit heavier than my others but it is rock solid.

Peace, Map

Then I guess I just got a Karaoke lemon! I am debating weather to put my trust into another Huffy, or get another bike.

After all, every Huffy beach cruiser is exactly the same frame but with different paint and accessories.

darkangel

Jul 26, 2012
louisiana
If anyone has bought a kit from bikeberry that comes with a video, this how they tell you to install the sprocket on their kit. So if people follow the instructions they might have some problems.
Well before you buy a kit from bikeberry make sure your rdy for alot of mods,for one replace all of the bolts,washers,lock washers and lock nuts,second replace the throttle grip(you can buy one at a dirtbike shop for $34 and its a complet kit and made of metal not plastic and works way better),then replace the crappy rear sprocket with the manic mechanic sprocket adapter or one from pirate cycles both are very good and nicely made,but if you do get that then u will need the 415 chain which isnt bad,and also suggest to buy some steel plates and make your own motor mounts,also the video that comes with the kit is useless even tho on their site they say its a $20 dvd,the guy spends more time talking about upgrades than he does showing you how to build the bike correctly...:-||

Justice4141

Apr 22, 2013
Austin Texas
Hi Guys, Nuub here. Yes I'm trying to get the back wheel working and have studied the listed info and links. I just need more articulation on exactly what to do. I put the sprocket on and put the wheel back on the bike and now the wheel does not spin freely. I have no cone wrenches. Is there another way to fix? If i have to get wrenches-what exactly do I do with them where? Pix always help. Thanx in advance.laff

Jeffery Grimes

Jan 3, 2020
My brake arm is out of whack on my motorized bicycle. What causes it and what should I do to prevent it from happening again??