A New F-XD on alex dx32 blk ss 12ga

GoldenMotor.com

Underline

Aug 12, 2012
USA
Thanks Dan, I thought this might be an interesting build to share. The Alex has eyelets that had to be drilled. The outer rim holes were rasped because the eyelets were replaced with drilled #6 stainless washers.

Underline

Aug 12, 2012
USA
The reviewers/riders write it is a tough rim. I prefer the drum brake over the thiny bicycle disks. I doubt the parts undergo X-Ray, but riders could if the part fails. Checking on the roller brakes for the rear; oddly, these are a new development. Anyway, I plan on 30mph or less with a 5mph margin of error, I would do the moped hubs if I wanted to go faster without maintenance time increasing for safety. Next up an Earles fork to go with the wheel, I hope.

Last edited:

Underline

Aug 12, 2012
USA
The rider/reviewers write it is a tough rim. Should be plenty strong for 30 mph or less, and a 5mph margin for error. I prefer the drum instead of the thiny bicycle disks. I doubt those are x-ray quality tested, and I don't want to be x-ray diagnosed. ? roller brakes? Using moped hubs would be the choice for faster speeds and lower safety maintenance time.

Now I need front fork: Earles type using crappy huffy rebuild and cheapo bike shocks. The jive dive.

Last edited: