76mm clutch compounds????

GoldenMotor.com

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Is there different abrasion properties that make up the 76/78mm cent. clutches? I got a new one off of ebay and replaced my current one and It sounds like and feels like it is slipping in the clutch bell drum. Was just wondering if they make like soft, medium, agressive compounds. This one I have seems soft and it is not grabbing as well as my previous one in a different build.

I also am having a problem with my clutch bolts coming loose and they then push the clutch drum bell outward, and this makes the snap ring pop off the bearing that hold the friction roller in place. Anyone have any ideas?

This is the build that I just setup.

HF 52cc Waterpump connected to thatsdax friction kit.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Unlikely that the clutch bolts loosen up. As soon as they do, you'l hear all kinds of metal protesting in the clutch drum. You can use locktite on the bolts to prevent this.

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Thanks 5-7,

Got that problem fixed. It was only one clutch bolt that was loosening. I tightened it up super tight, and third time was a charm it didn't re-loosen.

I rode yesterday a long way. Experienced engine difficulties. Engine was acting like a red head stepchild and wouldn't start. I have blisters on my fingers trying to pull start it so many times. The freewheel 1.25 roller also locked up. Anyway to get this thing unlocked? Also it still sounds like either the clutch is slipping in the clutch bell drum or my roller is excessiely spinning on my back wheel. My new back tire is almost bald/has all the tread eaten off with only about 50 miles on it. It is a commuter/street/tread tire(simi-slick)

Say I rev my engine to about 8,000 rpm. It sounds like only 4,000 rpm is being transferred to the wheel. I hear and feel slippage.

Probably going to throw on my extra back up HF 52cc engine and try and tinker with the freewheel roller to get it unlocked tonight.

Thanks,