Manic Mechanic

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screws

Aug 10, 2009
Baltimore, MD (Hampden)
Hi folks,

I ordered a hub mounted sprocket kit from Manic Mechanic back on August 11th, and even after an email inquiry, have not seen the part or heard from him. Anyone know him or able to check on his welfare? Just want to make sure the guy's still kickin' at this point.

Thanks in advance,

-Screws

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Hi folks,

I ordered a hub mounted sprocket kit from Manic Mechanic back on August 11th, and even after an email inquiry, have not seen the part or heard from him. Anyone know him or able to check on his welfare? Just want to make sure the guy's still kickin' at this point.

Thanks in advance,

-Screws
Samuel,

I can assure you everything is fine...thanks for asking.

Your order:

1.531" hub adapter & a 36T sprocket has been shipped.

Thank you for your order.

Jim

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Jim if you get flowers from Harleys Mom,and myself,tear up the card and tell your wife you ordered them for her.Harleys Dad

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I ordered a 44t and sprocket adapter from Jim for my OCC and both were worth the wait! Installed and riding with them, I cannot imagine using the kit ones on this bike.

Salthorse

Jan 2, 2011
N/A
Hi folks,

Thanks in advance,

-Screws
I've been waiting for him to fill his orders with Pirate Cycles for 4 months now. I had to put my builds on hold and lost 3 customers because of it. I use to use Whizzer engines for these bike builds. I could order all parts and be at my door in 7 days, then two weeks to mock up and paint. I was doing one bike a month easy. Little did I know that when I decided to to start using these 2-stroke engines that I would be at the mercy of premadona's who don't want to fill their orders in a timely manner. If you are planning to build custom bikes as a business, forget using the 2-stroke engines, you'll never make money waiting on custom parts from this guy. Find a local machine shop and welder and have them make the parts for you, cheaper and faster. Better yet, buy a Tig welder, shears, drill press and milling, practice, and do it yourself......if you wanna get something done and done right, do it yourself.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
don't forget the R&D or trial & error.
sounds like someone that ordered a jackson pollock painting & decided it isn't worth the wait. so they can slap some paint on a canvas & think it will be worth the same.
there are many many ways a 2 stroke can be used on a bike.
if the sales where hinging on using the quality parts maniac mechanic has, then there was a reason. a reason of top quality.
top quality isn't always a convenience.
actuality there was a convenience. a convenience of not making it yourself.
it is quite known that their parts are made in only small runs.
they are not coming from a factory.
if you wanted factory made products, there would be no reason to be ordering jim's parts.

i might piss people off by saying this but, his billet intakes start @ $12
i would not be turned off if the price was $25. his billet heads are $50. i think they are worth $75.

i don't wish to see him stop making parts because of impatient people.

remember, many premium cars have wait times of over a year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.