Doesn't kick in as quick

GoldenMotor.com

Felix

Mar 26, 2012
Texas, USA.
I've adjusted the clucth lever and clutch line. No more wheel spin when motor is on and clutch engaged.I have it
on a wheel stand while on. But i noticed that it doesn't "kick in" as fast or hard as it used to before when clucth lever is released while rolling. Any ideas as to why that is? Almost seems like its stalling before turning on. But once it turns on it still runs great with no problems. Thank you for your help as always. dance1 .shft. dnut

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
perhaps it just seems that way if clutch was slipping a bit before allowing motor to start to rev before wheel started to speed up

Felix

Mar 26, 2012
Texas, USA.
Thank you for your response. What i meant is when the motor is off and i start to pedal and pick up speed I release the clutch lever the motor "kicked" on faster/harder than it does now. What could be causing that? cvlt1brnotdnut

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not certain that I'm understanding, but if motor is harder to start, it could be several things - perhaps motor has run enough for rings to seat better giving more compression, perhaps the idle speed was adjusted for a cold motor instead of for a warmed up motor, or maybe this batch of fuel got mixed a bit differently, . . .