54 Roadmaster Luxury Liner BT Mod

GoldenMotor.com

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
It's hard for many many people to exhibit self-control on these. Evidence of that all over the forum, and the scary part is the evidence that's not left.

What started out as a nice little ride can quickly turn into just another forum member who doesn't log in anymore. Please ride safe for all of us! :D

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Ok update: widow master shock master repair.

Rat that I am welding repairs on the bike while it is in play is nothing new. Lends to the look on something as original and old as RMLL.

Shown in the photo is a thin piece of steel welded to the top of the forks.
This allows for %100 of the factory set forward flex action, while removing aproximately 6
%65 of the widow making dorsal flex action.

Shock master forks could get you killed. Understand these forks were never designed to run with front brakes or to be ran and stoped from speeds often in excess of 40mph, without this mod accidents WILL occure!

Pix may be out of order but you see the metal welded in before and after a bit of grinder and a touch of black spray paint.

This modification has totally resolved the issue of the front tire under load contacting the frame and or engine. Pior to this these sketchie shockmasters nearly took me out on the first test ride as I braked to stop at the bottom of the hill leading to public boat luanch and state ferry. Fish tailed to a stop at the STOP sign. I am quite sure the peeps in line for the ferry had quite a show. Still I rode this bike a number of times and have a few extra tails of the front end troubles but they are now are all resolved. This mod works!

Anyone who is considering CW Shock Master Spring Forks on a motorized bicycle should make this mod! Or disk Injury and/or Death

Attachments

Last edited:

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Aww dude sorry that happened. Same thing happened to me when I was playing around with the gearing. I fiddled with it for about a week, when I finally got the gearing I wanted, I stripped the one of the bolts holding the j shaft trying to get the right amount of chain slack.

I was lucky and was able to put a longer bolt, catching some new threads

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Ok that repair was simple, the bolt shipped from AGK with the kit is quite shorter than the hole it is inserted in on the block. Just catching the first 3 threads. Solution was as simple as a longer bolt.

The photo below is of an added catch can. I have always used a breather on the valve vent. Over time I noticed a mist of oil on the breather on the 54 Monark Firestone Super Cruiser. I suggest this catch can looks much more appealing and serves a dual function. The vent on the catch can blows mist on the chain now. No idea why I did not start using this setup years ago! Not that expensive considering other options.

Go Kart Oil Catch Tank Briggs Raptor Engine Briggs Animal Engine Go Kart Racing eBay seller name gokartracingparts

US $15.95 plus $2.95 Standard Shipping

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Ridding to work when all the sudden big bang followed by a lurching forward and loss of all forward powered momentum!

It was clear what had happened to the eye at first inspection.
1. Chain off
2. Small sprocket on secondary came off dropping the chain.
3. Chain came around hit the idler wheel and ripped it off the bike
4. Tensioned mount bent

Solution remove parts hammer bracket back out flat and replace the idler pulley. Drill into the shaft allowing the setscrew a place to bite and loc tight preventing it from backing out.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Problem: More damage was done! Closer inspection reviled a busted motor mount plate stud. The engine is ‘soft’ mounted in PVC on the bike frame. This did allow for slight movement be it too much.

Solutions build a bracket to counter the torque from the engine. With this offset bracket the engine no longer has a twist to the powered side when accelerating!

Note: Tourch used to losen the stud that was then removed with a pair of vicegrips.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
COOL! VID....
H.ow fast was the average speed ?,noticed you drove mostly up hill too
The few times the bikes were spooled up we were hitting 45mph. Most of the video adverage 35mph..... The FSC (chase bike) 99cc EZM Predator , the RMLL is 79cc AGK Predator. And glad you could see the uphill climbing ability of the Predators.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
You gotta do what you gotta do lol

Why was it sliding off?
Are you using the red locktite for your set screws ?
Just don't use to much, I had one **** of a time trying to get the screws out... After a couple twisted Allen wrenches I had to used FIRE to break the locktite

I bought a 28 t sprocket from USA bearings and belts, with two set screws.

And I see you have a couple of stiff links? Mine did the same, even though it was properly lubed... The supplied chain is kinda of sucky, I spent a lil more money and a better quality # 35 chain that's a bit thicker