Socal Motor Bicycle Racing October 18th Grange

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I really want to go & especially check out Jeff's new 5 speed KTM but being short staffed at work and having so many projects that I need to finish before my double knee surgery is putting a damper on my "ME" time. I just have to prepare the house for not being able to walk around for a month.
Good news is, I spoke to Chris today and he will race my bike that weekend.
With all the new racer, this should be fun one to attend!
I must say Ken, that was a good call as he won 2 out of three of the Mid Class races. He rode very well and your bike seemed to be running great!

He even won the Final against Jimmy Rust! That is BIG in my book!!!

We all missed you and hope all goes well with your surgery bro......see you next year at the races.

your race friend, scotto-

EDIT: OH.......Jeff's new bike is the BOMB!!!

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Thanks Scott,
I really wanted to go but the legs aren't holding up well these days. My knee surgery is coming up on the 5th. I'm hoping all will go well and I'm 99.9% sure I'll be at the next race & see you at the usual Friday night before race day!
Now it's my turn and ask for the results! LOL

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks Scott,
I really wanted to go but the legs aren't holding up well these days. My knee surgery is coming up on the 5th. I'm hoping all will go well and I'm 99.9% sure I'll be at the next race & see you at the usual Friday night before race day!
Now it's my turn and ask for the results! LOL
The only results I think I can share (from poor memory and trying too concentrate on my races) are:

Mid Class 1st place......Chris on your bike (air cooled Morini Boxxer)

Intermediate 1st place.....Jim Rust on an Arrow Race bike

Unlimited Class 1st place.....Ryan Scruggs on a 200cc Arrow Race bike

That's all I got for ya Ken.

EDIT: thanks for the clarification Neil, I get the two mixed up.....

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The only results I think I can share (from poor memory and trying too concentrate on my races) are:

Mid Class 1st place......Chris on your bike (air cooled Morini Boxxer)

Intermediate 1st place.....Jim Rust on an Arrow Race bike

Unlimited Class 1st place.....Jeff Fitzgerald on a 200cc Arrow Race bike

That's all I got for ya Ken.
Nah, Jeff was 3rd, his bike was not quite running right.

Unlimited Class 1st place.....# 89 Ryan Scruggs on a 200cc Arrow Motorized Cycles.
Unlimited Class 2nd place.....#3 :D 212cc Preddie Bixby.
Unlimited Class 3rd place.....#87 Jeff Fitzgerald on a 200cc HD XR 750 Replica Arrow Motorized Cycles Race bike.

Jeff and Ryan are brothers and their father Mark is a great supporter of the races with
his third son #87 Matt also racing who came in 2nd in the Intermediate class on an Arrow
Motorized Cycles race bike.

Beginner China girl class had over 20 racers and 1st was.
#888 Dan Kelton who won the Fred Competition Billet Head from CR Machine.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, "Iceman" Jonathon Wolf placed 4th in the Ultimate Race on my #3 :D 212cc Preddie Bixby!

Great to see Iceman flying around the track again! (^)

Let's see some pics people........

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
It was nice to see all the local race guys and meet new racers. Brian and Scotto thanks for the kind parking spot you gave me. I had a great time and enjoyed the event, big thanks to Neil. Will I ever fit into a race class that I will have a chance in? Too fast too slow it's all good. DMB and Gilbert... All the DTM crew yep

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Chris just posted his video of the Mid Range Main. Jimmy was all over him during this race and it was just a little too close for comfort. He said the brakes were fading so when I get the bike back, I'll be replacing them and I might do a little porting.

http://youtu.be/7vnFb60gCjM

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Chris just posted his video of the Mid Range Main. Jimmy was all over him during this race and it was just a little too close for comfort. He said the brakes were fading so when I get the bike back, I'll be replacing them and I might do a little porting.

http://youtu.be/7vnFb60gCjM
Tell Chris thanks....that is a really cool video of one of the best races of the day ;)

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Since no one besides Brad and Jeff have posted any pics of the race a week ago.....I'll share the only five that I managed to shoot using my phone (no less).

Again.....let's see some pics from this event.......only saw about 200 cameras there clicking away....

From start of the day till finish (so to speak)

sunrise outside the toyota

Brian and Neil at the prize ceremony

Ladies and Gentlemen.......Brian Nash

Nashmoto: one of the nicest, fastest, smoothest racers at that track on a motored bicycle that you will ever meet!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Since no one besides Brad and Jeff have posted any pics of the race a week ago.....I'll share the only five that I managed to shoot using my phone (no less).

Again.....let's see some pics from this event.......only saw about 200 cameras there clicking away....

From start of the day till finish (so to speak)
So was this taken before the morning "coffee spilling" explosion ritual? Haha

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
Great to hear that you all had a weekend of fun filled racing (without me ) always nice to review the results as well .. If anyone has a line ( or link ) too any video footage I would love ta get a hookup for those ..
Maybe I will find my way down there someday ... Too many miles away is the only thing between me and becoming an avid , totally consumed all out race addicted junkie !
Maybe I should just 'pull stakes' and move me and my biz closer to the track and start doing it instead of dreaming it ! An endless summer sounds about right to me . . 50 yrs of the Canadian winters is enough ... I'm thinking if I don't leave this year it'll be next year for sure .... So either way it won't be long til I make my way onto the track with you boys .. But ... Until then I will be in the North keeping a watchful eye on the races , the bikes and meeting n chatting with those who build and ride them ... So ... Cheers to those who share my passion

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
This is the starting grid for the beginner heat #1 and not all the bikes were on the grid yet a few were still on the warmup lap when I snapped this one. It looked like the start of the New York Marathon.

Last edited: