Deep Purple

GoldenMotor.com

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Ahh dont ask me why I called it that. But heres my new project. I was going to hold off till more of it was done but I think Venice needs a fix soooooooorotfl
But this was my birthday present from my wife. Thank god she takes a hint better now. But we were in Wally world and I was doing my usual when they get new bikes in..go to hardware borrow a tape and measure the inside of the frame for a motor. I always have her write it down for me. But any way I took measurements and knew it was going to be close but said man i really like the looks of this one dont you?
Next week she went and got it for me and shoved it in her little tracker lol. Took it out for a spin damn bent back rim ...threw it in the truck went and exchanged it for the other.
So here it is a Mongoose Paver. 28 inch rims really cool old style handle bars, back rack. First one that doesnt make me feel like Im sitting to close to the handle bars.
But I saved my black motor for this one. I had to cut and have a friend of mine tig the intake to another angle to clear the down tube from the seat. Looks kinda cool. Been wanting to turn one completely outwards to see what it does. The frames a bit bigger all around I had to file the back motor mount to fit and then I shorten it. I filed the front of the motor mount area to match also.
I have a rack mount gas tank coming that IM sure IM going to have to adjust it to fit cause of the 28's. So heres a couple of the bike and a couple of the carb.
Terry

Attachments

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
Ya, it will if it does my friend has 27" 10speed style wheels and his is really fast. He gets going on that bike and it looks crazy fast like way too fast for those skinny tires. Something is going to go horribly wrong some day.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Nice work.....28's you say? Is that the next trend? I have a very old german or dutch bike that my cub scout mother gave me about 35 years ago with 28's...never did anything with it since I couldn't find tires.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Actually the tires are not that skinny. I dont do skinny tires well. I think they are 28 by 1 3/8 wal mart calls them 26's on their web site. But the way the frame is laided out it looks big but doesnt really feel big. I think that everything will lay out nice. Plenty of room on the handlebars to put what I need. Im hoping to make this my long haul bike. Because when my job is done at the chem demil site Im planning on taking a trip.
But the motor is a grubee 48 that is one that has the better carb and what not. I bought two off a guy that was getting out of the biz and I got this one and the one thats on my moon dog for 250 bucks just couldnt pass it up.
I'll try to get a shot of me on it to show you the size. Its really not that bad.
Later Terry

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Well heres DP finished (are they ever finished) Still need to get a locking clutch lever. Have a rechargable halogen headlight coming. Put about 20 miles on it today since I finished it last night. Had to end up bending the seat post back and bought a bell gel seat from wally world. Got the rack tank from canada 45 bucks delivered. This ones just going to be a commuter I guess.
Terry

Attachments

Meer123

May 27, 2008
Very sharp bike - huge kudos points for taking a bike from Wallyworld (the least expensive 700c at that) and turning it into something worth coveting.

With regards to your build, did you paint it over ? If not - how did you remove the graphics so thoroughly ?

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Very sharp bike - huge kudos points for taking a bike from Wallyworld (the least expensive 700c at that) and turning it into something worth coveting.

With regards to your build, did you paint it over ? If not - how did you remove the graphics so thoroughly ?
Well wally world, toy r us, target, and kmart are my usual hits on the net when IM looking for new bikes to build. I loved the way this bike was layed out, didnt make me feel like I had the handle bars in my chest.
The way other have talked about the taller tires I figure I give it a try. Overall the bike is a great ride for the price. Running a 44 tooth sprocket it has just enough speed and on the steepest of hills I had to help it up a bit.
The labels came off great its one of the first things I do anymore to a bike. They just look better. I stripped one kuluna moon dog I had and left the other and couldnt stand it and stripped it too.
But overall the bikes a great long distant rider. THe gel seat helps alot. THe longest run Ive done so far is 15 miles and it wasnt to bad the worst was at top speed and I take one hand off the bars I get a little side to side wobble. Just wish I could keep a speedometer on it that WORKS.
Terry

Meer123

May 27, 2008
Your intake modifications look sharp - too bad I have neither the time or the tools/skill these days (I have two kids that keep me very busy) for your bike is SHARP and is inspiring me to build another - hahaha

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Your intake modifications look sharp - too bad I have neither the time or the tools/skill these days (I have two kids that keep me very busy) for your bike is SHARP and is inspiring me to build another - hahaha
One thing about things I do I try to make it where anyone can do it. The intake I just cut it right along the seam where the angle is then I rotated it to the side. The only ruler I used was my eye. I did have a friend weld this one up cause I knew I was going to ride the crap out of it. But if I was a betting man and the things I have been making with JB weld I bet you could make it with that. Heck I built little fat bob tanks with 99% JB.
Terry

Douglas

Feb 4, 2009
louisville
deep purple, you gave me some help with mounting my motor and carb but my chain is rubbing on the seat stay did you have this trouble if so what did you do thanks Douglas

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
I think that I was running the narrow bike chain. The kits came with bike chain instead of the heavy duty stuff we like to run. It was still close I think mine did rub but on the tube going down to the rear boss. I think one of the guys told me that they put an idler wheel on the top of the chain instead of the bottom as normal.
Just becareful when your running this bike if your at full speed and you take a hand off the bars you seem to get a little wobble in the bike. Put it back and it stops. I was planning on putting my Sick Bike Kit on it but my son kinda bend the back wheel and it was to tight to install it so its been returned to a plain old bicycle.
Ps get rid of the stickers....they come off real easy.
Terry