new throttle cable for staton rs 35

GoldenMotor.com

biggoolies

Jan 4, 2008
Hi need a new 65 inch cable for my staton robin subaru 35. 65 inch. Any ideas where I can search for one locally rather than get one from staton?

thanks,
Darcy

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
Hi need a new 65 inch cable for my staton robin subaru 35. 65 inch. Any ideas where I can search for one locally rather than get one from staton?

thanks,
Darcy
What is wrond with your old one? Did it stretch out, if it did I made made a bracket that anyone with a drill press, some allen bolts, and washers also a piece of 1/16" thick 5"long x 3" wide can make. Their is a link below.

biggoolies

Jan 4, 2008
It seems to work fine when I take the cable out and move it back and forth. Also the throttle lever works fine, but when I put it all together, it is not smooth moving and takes a little force. Maybe a bit rusted in the cable?

Darcy

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
You can lube cables by holding by one end running a few drops of oil down into them.
If it works smoothly off the bike though it might be something else like, routing, in the
lever itself, at the carb connection. Does the lever and butterfly on the carb work smoothly
with no cable?