My proudest build so far!

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I went to an auto paint store and got the girl to match the color of my fenders and she did pretty good. Its a little more purple than the fenders but its as close as anyone could ever get. The mount and muffler came from barry.I stripped the paint off the muffler and will try to keep it from rusting.I also went to tractor supply and got a high heat engine paint in the color of aluminum. It looks a little chrome-ish but all in all it made the motor look much better than the oily gray color these motors turn. I also built a baffel that resembles the baffel in the stock muffler.It cuts down on the sound great but not on the airflow.I'm going to take pablo's advice and try running about a 40:1 synthetic mixture.Its probably gonna lock up(ha,ha).Anyways, all need now is one of those slant heads and maybe a smaller sprocket.One day when I get to be a big boy maybe my ol'lady will let me bite the bullet and get me a spoiler! p.s what do think this little chopper might bring on ebay?

Attachments

Last edited:

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
wow , that looks very nice. I like all the chrome. whats your best guess at what it is worth or better yet what it cost u to build

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
lets see $150 for new bike (ebay) $130 for dax motor, 50 to barry for mount , 75 to barry for muffler, 20 in paint and a lot of time. $450.00 I already had the bars and seat-post

Last edited:

A.T

Jan 30, 2009
Romania
Nice bike man!

When I look the pictures I understand why is your proudest build so far! Blue and chrome looks great.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Pretty sweet!! I love it when people go the extra mile when they build a bike.
You should look at those dual-pull brake levers... It'll really clean up the look of your bars!
dnutdnutdnutdnut

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
No way! I'd take a grand! lol! The bike came with a three speed hub. I had to move the shifter down and mount it on the right side.Me and my buddy who owns a machine shop are going to fabricate a spacer for that wheel. The 3 speed hub is one inch narrower than the standard hub. It will not affect the motor drive chain but would still be cool.What I need is for Pablo to figure me out a jackshaft for these bikes.A three speed hub on the motor would be "sick". (sick ---get it) LOL THanks for the compliments.