weed eater bike questions

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
It looks as though there may be a basic problem with the weed whacker bike. The engines don't seem to be designed to run with much of a load. I ran mine the last two days with too much tension and now it runs like crap. Put it under a load and it has not top end at all. I know I can adjust the carb but I think it is more basic than that.

I believe there is a way around it though. Less tension on the drive wheel. What I think would be best is very light tension so that there is very little stress on the engine itself. What will happen is that I will have to pedal up to speed, then let the engine help us maintain it.

For me it is inconvenient since I have a lot of hills around here. I will probably go back to the chainsaw bike since it seemed to have more balls. I need to let the 31cc bike cool down completely before I try to adjust and run it again.

I know they told me to run it with a shroud but I think it is more than that. I think the engine can't take the strain. After all it was designed to push a string and some grass around not my fat ***.

The chainsaw may do better since it was designed to work under a heavier load. I still want to work on the weedeater tomorrow just to stay with it till the final conclusion.

I lightened up on the spring to allow for more skip of the drive wheel. And i'm running a semi smooth wheel now. Just have to wait and see how it does.

letting it cool down now.

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Deacon,
I'm wishing you luck, I have a MAC 2816 here and I had it running but it won't stay that way long, I would like to examine the carburetor, do you have any idea where I might find instructions or on how to rebuild and or repair, for these type of engines ?

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Hey Deacon,
I wishing you luck, and hope you have something else to ride around on, while you get things going.

I have a MAC 2816 here that I want to use for a non-bike purpose, I got it started but not for long, I want to take a close look at the carb. I have a MAC part Assembly diagram, but would like to find a, How To, for rebuilding and repairing this type of carburetor, . . do you have any idea where I might find one ?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If you can't google it up I have no idea. I am pretty sure the chainsaw bike I have is going to work with the carb from the weedeater. If I can't get a carb to work by cleaning it, I think I'm just going to buy a new one on ebay. Last time I looked they were about ten bucks. I'm just not mechanical enough to rebuild one.

I have a working 25cc I'm going to put on my latest engine if the one on it is ruined.

The one time I tried to clean one it was a success so I'm willing to try again before I toss it. If you haven't tried a simple cleaning i would do that first.