first build

GoldenMotor.com

sseisup

Feb 18, 2009
mn
Thanks for the friendly comments.

The seat scares me too. The whole bike scares me. I had it welded by a friend I trust. There is a fender, but if it broke the fall would make me wish I was dead. It was a girls bike I found free at a yard sale. I went through it all and will most likely clean it all up next winter. I wanted to ride it for now. Here are the build pics.

Last edited:

sseisup

Feb 18, 2009
mn
Yes, right after the motor starts and and you can easily tuck into it. I rode it as just a bike for a week before the motor came in the mail. It wasn't too bad, but I missed my ten speeds and the bars are two inches lower than I wolud like. Once I get going 10mph or more it feels really good and being that low I can corner much faster. The seat had to be moved to acomidate my legs so I could pedal. In the pick you might notice the motor barley fit. The frame is very tiny but has 26"x1 3/8" wheels. The handelbars and pedals are very thin too. It's all very tight but I got it to work. More to come later.

P.S. I rode it to the local VFW for a riding club fundraiser. Lots of laughs, smiles, and whizzer stories.

Jun 25, 2008
in fact i have a set of those exact brakes not doing anything. Bought them brand new and never found a use for them. You can have em for £20 plus P&P

sseisup

Feb 18, 2009
mn
Break upgrades would be nice. I'll let you know when I get to it, but I live in us and avoid shipping. Thanks though.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool MB Sseisup. Very unique and has an old world look. Really like it.

Side note, if you think you need better brakes, get em yesterday.

(if you saw mine up-close, you would be telling me the same thing, lol)

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
that thing needs a spring on the front of the seat and two spring supports welded to the back and it would be really nice.there is someone on here that has done it . ether way i like it. really nice nice build i hope mine turns out that good

Last edited:

sseisup

Feb 18, 2009
mn
Thanks guys. It just feels like there's a lot more to do. I think I'm going to put a coaster brake on. I was pedaling with the motor and the three speed poped out of gear. I lost my footing and almost my foot. I also think the clutch lock, while functional, is combersum. Makes me feel clumbsy. A coaster rear and hand opperated front sounds more like riding my motorcycle.
Thanks again for all the comments.

sseisup

Feb 18, 2009
mn
Ahhhh, my motor fell out. The front studs broke off flush. More and more to do. I added lights. more to come.

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
Ahhhh, my motor fell out.
well it looks like your seat position and the "boys" will have more to worry about . I also had on my second build where the bolt broke, but fortunately it was an easy fix for me. But I found thru the ordeal that if I dont use any type of rubber mounts and directly connect the motor mounts to the frame , it alleviates any vibration so the mounting studs wont break. Just make sure its all a nice snug fit without any slop is all.

But you have a nice looking build going on , But I dont like the feel those handle bars are positioned in. Although it does look cool it would be a back breaker after a short ride , for me anyways . Not maybe you .

good luck with getting this tweeked and running again

sseisup

Feb 18, 2009
mn
The motor is back in, the lights and batt. are off. Poor bike was getting to heavy. I used 2" angle iron and a 1" U-bolt and 2" square U-bolt. I also attached the muffeler to the frame becuase it just kept coming loose. I got it up to 40mph. I'm looking at smaller sprockets.