my tranny seized!!!!!!!!!1

GoldenMotor.com

crfklxrider

Mar 18, 2009
conneticut
i was on on a motorized bicycle i finished building yesterday, it was on the road, and the bike all of a sudden seized up lockin up the rear and it slid out on me, and catapulted me off the bike, im pissed tho, theres a dent in my gas tank, the tranny is seased, the ignition coil broke and the rear wheel has broken spokes, a popped tire, and twisted rim, the front sprocket wont budge at all, what should i do? btw, i got a concussion wearing a helmit and i have scrapes all over my body, it burns!:-||

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
Sounds like a chain issue. Our clutches aren't strong enough to handle a tranny seizure and they would surely slip. Glad to see you didn't kill yourself.

Reverend Paul

Mar 19, 2009
wisconsin
Yes I agree with donuts. I have had my chain and come off the primary sprocket and wedge inside of the cover.When that happens the tyre Locks up tight.

crfklxrider

Mar 18, 2009
conneticut
ok, you were right, 4 links were twisted into the sprocket cover, had to grind them out, and i got a new chain from tractor supply, and waiting for a cdi off of ebay.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Man That Hurts, I Hope You Did Not Crush Any Of The Nuts On The Gas Tank Or Fork Stem. THAT MAKES A PULL START AND A FREEWHEEL SOUND LIKE A GOOD INVESTMENT!! OR THE SHIFT KIT, THAT WOULD FREE WHEEL ALSO. Ron

Last edited: