Posts deleted.....

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
There should be some way or feature that shows what posts were deleted and why. Is this possible?

I had 20 posts deleted and have no idea why or for what reason. A pm sent or some sort of explanation would be helpful one would think.

Any thoughts or concerns from staff or members here are always welcome.

scotto-

dnut

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Happened yesterday to me was looking up a thread I had save and it is gone.Thought I was loosin it.The images are still on google but thats it...deleting kinda defeats the purpose

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
When any staff member deletes a post or thread it is a matter of discussion between all staff. We are not aware of any threads or posts by Scotto being deleted.
Could you be more specific with either dates or thread titles where posts are missing?

As for Motomagz, was the thread you feel was deleted yours, or had you posted in it? Do you recall the thread title?

Tom

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Happened yesterday to me was looking up a thread I had save and it is gone.Thought I was loosin it.The images are still on google but thats it...deleting kinda defeats the purpose
if the thread is an older thread and the url ends in .html most likely the thread is still on the forum. did some changes on the forum and it re-wrote the threads address, do a search on title and it may still be on the forum. here is an example of what i mean

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=29148 is what the url is now.
this is how it was before motorbicycling.com/f4/89-octane-really-best-fuel-use-29148.html

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's really hard to say what posts are deleted unless I search through 5,301 posts which is now 5,282 posts trying to remember each and every 5,000+ posts.

This is why this post was posted in the first place.

?

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I just sent a pm to Tom about the same type situation that happened on another site that I utilize ---- something weird was happening to the operating code on the V.Bulletin platform.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thanks guys, by the way happy new year! i am going to bed and will be looking into it again in the morning, i am starting to see cross eyed
.duh.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
it was not done intentionally. had a lot of work to do on forum and a few motorized bicycle posts and threads were lost when i crashed it. my sincere apologies it was not removed intentionally. i got everything working properly again and the forum should work more efficiently and smoother.