All I got for my birthday was a mandatory court date...

GoldenMotor.com

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Ok, that's not ALL I got, but that was the big one.

So, I've been here in Colorado since March. Apparently there's a law saying you have to get CO plates for your car after 30 days. I just hadn't gotten around to it, usually because I didn't have the money. My AZ plates were still good, so whatever. Well those plates expired at the end of October. So I've been trying to find the time where I had the money to get the car registered. The way paydays and overtime worked out, this Friday was a nice day for our income, so I figured I would do it Saturday morning. Turns out the DMV isn't open on Sat like I thought it was.

So I figured oh well, I'll do it Monday. Saturday was my birthday btw. So my wife and I go into Denver for the day, and then on the way out of Denver I get pulled over. The cop was nice enough to explain that it's usually a $700 fine, but he's just going to give me a mandatory court date. That was nice of him. maybe he saw it was my birthday so he skipped the fine, who knows.

So now I have to haul all the way back to downtown Denver in the middle of rush hour in February. Figures. Got my plates this morning. Ugh.

Maybe I shouldn't have washed the car on Saturday morning. It was so dirty I don't think you could see that the AZ tags were expired, haha. My coworker moved here from AZ the same time I did. His AZ tags expired over a year ago, and he hasn't gotten pulled over yet...lucky.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
J,
Look at the bright side...At least it wasn't a draft notice.
Maybe if you're spending the day down here we can get together.
Feb. can be a cold month around here, and usually is but we could still meet for lunch...if you're out of court by then. PM me and I'll give you my office phone.
Tom

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I think my scheduled time is like 6pm. Why it's so late, I have no idea. I'll see as time gets nearer if I can hang out down there for a while.

Haha, I think I'm finally too old to get drafted...that is, till we run out of 18-24 year olds. Let's just hope that now that the warmongers in DC are leaving, that will never happen....